X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still trying to get it going

Hi Bryan;

It's been a while and I am now trying to get the plug-in to work again.

As a recap.

WinTV works fine on all channels/inputs.

If I select a camera using "&hs.plugin("hauppauge capture").switchcamera("Security Courtyard Camera")" then go to cap. preview or the OCX sample app. I get a black screen, no video (and as a result errors when doing a capture).

In the cap. preveiw window I see the camera name and the settings look perfect? I've uninstalled-reinstalled and do not what else to try??

Thanks,

AndyM
    I have added a third camera to the S-Video port (eliminating the tuner) and have the same problem.

Hi Andy

I'm scratching my head here a bit - I have to have missed somthing. Can you try the latest and greated version of the plugin. It is listed in this thread (exe only - just put into HomeSeer folder).

Can you email me (bstein@accesscomm.ca) your hspi_haupauge_capture.ini file and the HS log produced at startup with the plugin debug level set at debug level 1 to make sure I didn't miss anything. As a recap - I think you tried the appsample that was installed in the WinTVOCX folder and the picture appeared ok - right?

We'll get it figured out.

Bryan
    (Config is in my profile)
    Bryan

Comment

Hi Bryan;

I will forward the files. The appsample has the same problem. It is always black but WinTV works fine?? I have un and reinstalled the OCX?

Thanks,

AndyM

Comment

Andy - since there is a problem with the Hauppauge OCX, you could also try logging a support call with them - maybe they have an idea why it won't work.

When you go to log a call at the Hauppauge site include the following info:
        <UL TYPE=SQUARE>
        <LI>Model of WinTV are you using<LI>OS you are using<LI>Version of the OCX<LI>Version of the WinTV drivers[/list]

Bryan
        Bryan

Comment

I can get the Sample working fine but I can not get the plugin to work. All I get is a blank screen on the preview and a File Save error.

Comment

ToyMaster

Can you provide me with the info mentioned in my previous post to to Andy? When you fire up the Appsample.exe in the WinTVOCX folder it works fine?

I did the following on my system:
            - HomeSeer and the plugin are running - CapPreview form is not set to persistent in CapConfig form and the CapPreview is not open
            - started the Appsample.exe in the WinTVOCX folder
            - changed the channel using the control bar in the appsample so I could see a picture on a tv channel (+ and - buttons). Even though all my cameras use the composite input, I have my TV on the tuner input.
            - shutdown appsample
            - open the CapPreview form in HS
            - click ONLY the Connect button
            - the plugin will use ALL the WinTV card's current settings and my preview shows the TV channel that was shown in the appsample.
            - when I click the Capture button it saves images for what ever camera name is displayed on the form.

Does your's act like this?

Thanks

Bryan
            Bryan

Comment

I did the following:
              -HomeSeer is closed
              -Opened Appsample and everything works fine
              -Closed Appsample
              -Open HomeSeer
              -Uncheck the persistent and restart HomeSeer
              -Started Appsample and everything shows fine
              -Shutdown Appsample
              -Open CapPreview and click connect
              -CapPreview shows fine
              -Capture works fine

Comment

Aha!

That confims my suspicions. The video source is not being switched by the plugin when it tells the Hauppauge OCX to switch video sources. When I was using the WinTV drivers version wdm331_20262 this worked fine. I upgraded a while ago to WinTV drivers version wdm334_21082 and now my system will not switch video sources either. If the last video source state was composite that's where it stays - if it was tv tuner that's were it stays regardless of how the camera was configured. Even the Appsample in developer design mode will not switch to composite video source - no how. The only way I can get a picture is to use the + - channel buttons in Appsample (only when running) or in the plugin's CapPreview form.

I'm investigating a way to either fix this or a way to work around it. I pray I don't need support form Hauppauge as they do not appear to be very responsive. I could always jsut go back to the previous driver version but I'd rather figure out a fix.

Bryan
                Bryan

Comment

During My testing I never used the channel buttons. I do not have a TV source hooked up. I only used the Appsample in composite source

Comment

Hi Bryan;

I will be onsite Tuesday and may have a chance to try to get it working again. Has this paticular issue (channel selection) been fixed?

Thanks,

AndyM

Comment

The issue of being able to select the composite video as an input was tracked down to a problem with the Hauppauge WinTV drivers. If you're using drivers above version 3.31 then the card will not be able to select the composite input. I had to revert back to the 3.331.20263 to get to work properly. Hauppauge says that my card was too old to support the newer version drivers (848 chip) but another user who has an 878 chip card also has problems with the newer driver.

What version of the driver are you using Andy?

Bryan
                      Bryan

Comment

However, I did download the latest drivers from their website a few weeks ago, so I would expect the later version.

My problem is also with the Tuner input function, specifically channels 118, 120, 122 and 124 from a channel plus modulator.

I added a composite camera to the SVideo/RCA input to see if the tuner was the problem and had the same issue. Can switch to the camera using cap. preveiw and the camera name is shown in the lower left but most of the time I try to capture an image I get an error. I think I emailed you a copy of the HS error log. (Don't have access until I go there again).

Thanks,

AndyM

Comment

Andy

The driver version number is available in the device manager under Sound Video and game controllers (at least on XP it is) and then look in the Hauppauge WinTV driver --&gt; on the driver tab click driver details. Look at the driver version for the HCWBT8XX.SYS file.

Or - give me the name of the file that you installed the drivers from (the one you downloaded from the Hauppauge web site).

There is one problem that you could be experiencing - if the plugin see's that the HS device for the camera is already on it won't make a switch to it. The latest version I'm testing (version 2.0.0) solves that problem. Version 2.0.0 is a major re-write that resolves the memory leak problems. It should be ready in a couple of days.

Bryan
                          Bryan

Comment

Working...
                          X