Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bryan, I downloaded the new files and installed. Log attached with debug 1 on. First I fired the 2 "switch camera" events you asked me to create in an earlier post. Then I looked at the log and it appeared to switch cameras OK. Then I tried my "door jamb" event to capture and got same error messages as you will see in log. Then I opened CapPreview. There was a still, not black, image of my front door. Channel settings appeared correct-tuner on channel 55. Hitting reset or connect did not take me live, again using the + then - channel keys DID take me to a live shot. Then I tried to select another cam from the dropdown box in CapPreview. I selected a cam on channel 57, and the image DID NOT change from the front door cam, but the channel box did show channel 57 properly. Just didn't really switch to channel 57. I hope I did what you wanted and explained it properly. Thanks again, Richard
    Attached Files

Comment

Richard

From your log it looks like the plugin is doing everything I expect it to. It is changing channels properly, setting the proper values etc. Didn't you mention a few posts ago that you recently upgraded your WinTV drivers? If so, can you reinstall the drivers you were previously using. AJ had newer drivers than I did and was experiencing problems. I sent him the version of drivers I was using and his problem appears to be resolved.

If you use the AppTest program and enter a channel number in the channel box and click set channel does it change channels and keep the video live?

Bryan
      (Config is in my profile)
      Bryan

Comment

Bryan, I never changed the drivers. You had asked me earlier which drivers I was using though. Today I re-installed the drivers, though. Then I tried a snap, and the log showed tring to capture on channel 4 instead of 55. I came to realize that under WinTV "settings" in capconfig, that the default camera was set to channel 4, even though my other cams are set properly to channel 55 and 57. I changed the default cam setting to tuner and 55. Tried anothe snap and now log shows trying to capture on 55, but same "poor image errors".

Then I tried Apptest. More wierdness. Started with live picture on channel 55, and clicked snap-successful snap. Typed 57 into channel box and clicked "set" and got blank screen for a picture even though it showed 57 in the channel box. Typed in 55 and set and still blank screen. Exit out and restart apptest, and I see live shot of 55. But I cannot change channels and click set in Apptest, and if I do try, I get no pic at all until I exit and restart Apptest.

Then I opened Homeseer and CapPreview. Started off as usual with still shot of door on 55. I clicked channel up then down to get live shot, and tried a capture there in CapPreview--IT ACTUALLY SNAPPED a picture. It was set to snap 2 pics, but there was an error about a timer. I was so happy to see a log entry though about a successful snap!

So, should I try different drivers? The WinTV program works fine. All cameras shown and captures good in that program. Also, IF I go back to ver1 (don't want to because of memory leak) do I just copy the same 3 files into the same directories and register them? And where do I find the old files?

I know this is frustrating for you. But please know I don't mind trying anything. Would giving you access to my Homeseer web page help?

Comment

Boy this is getting weird! If you can duplicate the sequence when it did snap a picture and you got the error about the timer with level 1 logging turn on I can track down why you got that error - it shouldn't happen. It might have a bearing on what is happening here.

If you send your email address (to bstein@accesscomm.ca) I could send you the last of the V1 series (V1.1.16) but I have a feeling it won't help. If AppTest won't switch channels properly there's not a hope the plugin will since AppTest is extreamly simple. There's got to be something else that's messing it up.

I don't think that access to your HS system would help too much - I don't have the web interface to the plugin setup done yet (and yes I plan to do that at some point).

There is one other thing we can try with AppTest. I just got an email from Hauppauge support today about a problem I had with an ImpactVCB (same as WinTV but doesn't have a tuner) and they told me that the video sources as compared to the plugs at the back of the card just don't jive - and it even varies depending on which drivers one is using (WDM or VFW). You could try changing the video source by tring values from 0 to 4 and changing channels by tying one in and clicking the change channel button.

Bryan
          Attached Files
          Bryan

Comment

Bryan, I've attached the log file which shows, using CapPreview, one image captured and the second one not captured--due to (I guess) this timer error. I also, after doing this, cannot exit out of CapPreview. The "OK" button is grayed out and hitting the x in top right just pops up "please hit OK". I have to Ctrl-Alt-DEL to end the capture utility.

I am using USB WIN-TV so my connectors are different. I have just S-video and TV inputs, along with an adapter to use an rca cable in the S-video jack. All my cams are modulated on cable, so I only use the TV input. I did try to change the video source however, with no success.

I agree about the driver change will not work, since these are the drivers I've been using all along since Version1. Richard
            Attached Files

Comment

Bryan, I installed the latest version, following directions about deleting security zones, then re-creating them. And assigned cameras. I tried to capture using the same event in homeseer I always have used. I don't know what happened. No error message, but no captured image either. I see in the log the manual trigger of the event.

Then I went into CapPreview, and I WAS able to snap 2 images, but I first had to click channel up then down to get a live image first. But it did capture 2 good images. Before it would capture only 1 then give me that timer error.

I attached a debug1 log file of the above. Thanks for your patience in trying to work this out. I repair cars for a living, so I appreciate the troubleshooting. Richard
              Attached Files

Comment

After you deleted and recreated the security zones, you have to re-arm the mail alarm and the zone you triggered. Since there was no error in the log for the motion sensor you triggered, I'm assuming that the zone was not armed.

The CapPreview should have motion in it - strange since the AppTest has motion - same control and all.

What is the time on the CaptureUtility.exe in the ZIP file you downloaded. I made a last minute change last night and I'm wondering if you downloaded the file before I made that change? I pulled a developer nono by not changing the version number but the change was a simple one but it might make a difference. The one I have was created at 06/05/2003 9:14 PM.

Bryan
                Bryan

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BMMS:
                  After you deleted and recreated the security zones, you have to re-arm the mail alarm and the zone you triggered. Since there was no error in the log for the motion sensor you triggered, I'm assuming that the zone was not armed.

The CapPreview should have motion in it - strange since the AppTest has motion - same control and all.

What is the time on the CaptureUtility.exe in the ZIP file you downloaded. I made a last minute change last night and I'm wondering if you downloaded the file before I made that change? I pulled a developer nono by not changing the version number but the change was a simple one but it might make a difference. The one I have was created at 06/05/2003 9:14 PM.

Bryan
                  (Config is in my profile)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, the file I have is the correct date and time. And you were right--I had to arm the security zones.

Sorry to say I still have trouble. Log file attached. Live view does show in Apptest, but not in CapPreview until I change channels up and down. In the log you will see 2 attempts to capture. First from homeseer event and second from within cappreview. Richard
                  Attached Files

Comment

Richard

Sorry if I've asked you this before but what version of WinTV and drivers are you using?

Bryan
                    Bryan

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BMMS:
                      Richard

Sorry if I've asked you this before but what version of WinTV and drivers are you using?

Bryan
                      (Config is in my profile)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am using WinTV USB. If I open device manager, then click on the win-tv device, then properties, then driver file details, I see file version 2.60.20112. Is this the number you want? It is the same driver I used with version 1 successfully. I am running Win98SE.

[This message was edited by rvgara on Mon, 09 June 2003 at 05:01 PM.]

Comment

Richard

If you run the Primary program in Start --&gt; Programs --&gt; Hauppauge WinTV --&gt; Primary. What Video Display Mode is your WinTV set to?

Something has to be messed up with your WinTV settings someplace. I say that because the AppTest program won't let you change channels without getting the black screen. The code in AppTest performing these actions is extreamly simple and it should work. The AppTest also has nothing to do with the Capture plugin other than both are using the Hauppauge WinTV OCX.

Bryan
                        Bryan

Comment

It is set to "allow overlay". I have not changed any settings in WinTV.

Since I leave for vacation soon, I am using a program called SupervisionCam on the same computer with the same settings and WinTV USB device and it is capturing fine. It captures based on seeing motion in the camera image.

I just disabled the Hauppauge Capture for now until this gets worked out. It's a shame as version 1 was great for me except for the memory leak.

Comment

Working...
                          X