X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thumbnail view

Howdy

Is there a way of adding a button that will delete the currently viewed thumnails on the thumnail page?

Thanks
    Steve

Do you want to delete the thumbnail image or the original image that the thumbnail was created from? I ask because when the thumbnails are created, they are just named from 0.jpg to the number of images shown on the page. The file numbers are reused so in a sense the thumbnails are deleted for each new pagefull of thumb's displayed.

Now if you want the delete the original image what I could do is (on the thumbnail page), if you have the 'Show Filename' checkbox checked, I could make the filename that shows below the image a link that when clicked would delete that image. Or when the image is clicked on and the full image is displayed in the new popup window, I could *** a button on that page to delete the orginal image. Or I could simply add a checkbox below each image so you could tick off multiple images and when the submit button was clicked, images that were checked world be deleted.

Which option would users perfer?

Bryan
    (Config is in my profile)
    Bryan
    (Config is in my profile)

Comment

Howdy Bryan

I ment the actual pictures not the thumbnail.

Does Show filename have to be shown?
      If so, can the filname shown, be just the filename and not the whole path?

Personally, I like the idea of being able to check a box next to teh pic, then when clicking to go to the next page it deletes the pics checked.
      Is it possible to add a Select all button as well? (selecting all the pics of the thumbnails currently being viewed for deleting)

For my needs, the option of being able to click on the thumnail would require a refresh after each pic deing deleted. this I think would be too slow.
      The Option of adding the button to the enlarged pic would also be to slow, because it would require a click on the thumbnail then an extra page to open before even being able to select "delete" and yet again it would only delete 1 pic and another refresh on the thumbnail page would be required.

Anyone else given you sugestions yet?

Thanks
      Steve

Comment

Working...
      X