This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Status of Plug-in?

When I first saw this plug-in, I thought all my problems were solved. I had been using Webcam32 and had to use macro magic to change the modulated channels by closing Webcam32, opening WinTV, changing the channel, closing Wintv and reopening Webcam32. This was an absolute pain, and didn't always work correctly. What a brilliant idea for this plug-in!!!!! The description met everything I was looking for and what other software lacked

I was all set to get rid of everything, but unfortunately, I still haven't been successful in getting it to work.

My initial problem was that I would just get a blank screen when I loaded the preview. This was solved by downgrading the drivers.

My current problem is that the plug-in will not take any pictures. When I load the preview initially, I see all snow, but if I hit Channel up, and then Channel down, the picture shows perfectly. If I select the camera from the drop down, it will not work, it just shows snow. I've tried almost every version of the drivers that I could find (from 327xxx to 335xxx, but still no luck.

I would gladly pay twice the plug-in fee to get it to work!!! I noticed this is similar to issues others are having as well, but I have not seen a resolution posted. I'm hoping this plug-in is alive and well and doesn't die!

I will gladly buy a new card if it appears that it may be the issue, but I'm curious on how many people have gotten this to successfully work so far? And those who haven't, what is the issue you are experiencing? I know the driver downgrade will solve most.

Here are some stats:

Windows 2000
    Homeseer 1.6.115

Prodinfo on Card:

Model 44371 Rev. B123
    Serial #4086004
    Tuner Formats: NTSC (M)
    Tuner Audio: Stereo (MSP3435)
    Video Formats: NTSC ( M 443 ) PAL ( B G H I D K M N NCOMBO ) SECAM ( L L' )
    Audio Outputs: Internal and External
    External Inputs: 2
    S-Video Inputs: 1
    Teletext: Yes (Software)
    Radio: FM
    Decoder: BT878
    Tuner Model: Philips FM1236

EEprom Contents:
    84 12 00 00 05 50 0e 7f 08 17 23 53 ad 93 14 89 00 00 00 00 05
    84 0a 00 01 01 20 77 00 40 f4 58 3e 00
    74 02 01 8a 03
    79 a3

Exec.exe 2.6.21026
    Hcwclear.exe 2.57.21087
    Primary.exe 3.7.20154
    Prodinfo.exe 1.8.21050
    WinTV2k.exe 3.52.21079

hcwChan.dll 3.19.21126
    hcwTVDlg.dll 3.15.21126
    hcwTVWnd.dll 2.110.21125 DS-PVR
    hcwHook.dll 1.5.17117
    hcwSnap.ax 1.12.21077
    hcwDlace.ax 1.1.0
    hcwsnbd9.dll 9.0.0
    gear32sd.dll 6.2.0

hcwWintv.ocx 2.00.9235
    wtvcap.ocx 1.1.19214
    ChSuite.ocx 1.6.19214 0

hcwutl32.dll 3.7.21048
    hcwi2c32.dll 2.2.18123
    hcwpnp32.dll 4.5.21050
    btgpio32.dll 1.6.17148
    bt848wst.dll 4.2.20296

msvcrt.dll 6.10.9844.0
    msvcirt.dll 6.10.8637.0
    msvcrt20.dll 2.12.000
    msvcrt40.dll 4.20 - OS use only. DO NOT DISTRIBUTE
    mfc42.dll 6.00.9586.0

Hcwbt8xx.sys 3.35.21093

Hello,

Just a quick reply to let you know that the plugin can work ok. I currently have it running great on a Hauppauge WIN/TV-PCI TV Card (it is one of the older variety using the BT848 chipset). My current settings:
    Hauppauge WDM driver version: 3.31.0.0 dated 03/09/2002
    Windows XP Pro
    HS 1.6.0
    Camera on RF channel and one on composite input. Captures fine on both.

Check the other posts in this forum topic. You may find someone resolved a similar problem earlier on in the plugin development. Bryan has been great with support for the plugin, so hopefully you will get it working soon.

Regards,
    JimBob

Comment

I have the same problem as you apparently. I also have to hit channel up, then channel down to see a picture in preview. And the plug in will not successfully take pictures for me. Brian tried a bunch of stuff with me, but we never could get it to work. I browse this section also hoping the plug-in will be further developed. Richard

Comment

I have an idea of what could be causing the up/down channel problems. Are those of you that are having this proble using only one type of camera - that is only NTSC or only PAL? If so I think this can be fixed by not having the plugin connect and disconnect every time it is loaded. I will experiment with this to see if not disconnecting will fix the problems.

Bryan
        (Config is in my profile)
        Bryan

Comment

I use 2 NTSC cameras modulated onto 2 different cable TV channels.

Comment

Richard

What version of DirectX do you have installed. Mine is DirectX 9.0

Bryan
            Bryan

Comment

Have actually disabled the plug-in since when it does a switch camera or take picture it locks-up Homeseer (sometimes not always) also with a script error (I think it has something to do with the capture utility)

Would love to resolve since I have about 6 camera's now and really can't use them for security.

Comment

Bryan,

Are all of the support applications supposed to be installed for the plug-in to work correctly, or are the drivers, alone, sufficient?

Thanks,

--David

Comment

Bryan, I am running DirectX 8.1, but I can certainly move up. Also Win98SE, USB Hauppauge WinTV device.

Comment

Richard - DirectX 8.1 should work since that is what I used originally when I developed the plugin. I upgraded to 9.0 later. If it doesn't break anything else maybe it wouldn't hurt for you to try DirectX 9.0 (with all the patches from MS Update site)

David - Generally only the drivers are required. I beleive that the Primary.exe application is also installed with the drivers.

I've uploaded a new version of my AppTest.exe testing program. Can you try it Richard. After you download it you have to either shutdown HS or tell the plugin to terminate it's utilites to free up the WinTV card. When you execute AppTest.exe click the show preview button - the preview window whould appear on what ever the last channel that was used. When you enter a channel number in the channel box and click set channel, the picture should show that channel - try all your channels. What I've done in this test version is I'm not disconnecting the drivers when the preview form is loaded. In the plugin the drivers are disconnected as soon as the form is loaded then the channel is changed and drivers then reconnected - this is likely what is causing grief for you.

let me know if this works. Then I'll have an idea on how to resolve this for you guys.

Bryan

[This message was edited by BMMS on Tue, 19 August 2003 at 08:10 PM.]

[This message was edited by BMMS on Tue, 19 August 2003 at 08:10 PM.]
                    Bryan

Comment

Still have to hit channel up then channel down before I see a live picture with this apptest also. I have to do this in the preview window using the + and - buttons. Then I get a live picture. The set channel box in the apptest window appears to do nothing. Whwn I run apptest now I have 2 windows showing after I click show/hide preeview form. I have form1 window which has the "set channel" button and the "set vid source" buttons and when I click "show/hide preview form" within this window a 2nd window pops up called Form2. form2 has the video plus buttons to connect and disconnect driver and buttons + and - and arrows for volume. It is ONLY with these + and - buttons am I able to see a live shot I can click "set channel" to 22 in form1 but the picture in form2 doesn't change. The only way to see channel 22 is to use form2 + and - to change channel up and down. Sorry to ramble but I want to be clear.

[This message was edited by rvgara on Wed, 20 August 2003 at 05:00 PM.]

Comment

Richard
                        Ok when you typed in a channel number and clicked the 'Set Channel' button it didn't change channels? Your using a 3.31 version WinTV driver?

Stinger
                        If your using the drivered version Hcwbt8xx.sys 3.35.21093 there is now way the plugin can change channels - Hauppauge broke that functionality when using their deveopers OCX. I placed a call with them and they just said the card I have is too old to support the new drivers - I think that is a load of horse blewy! Another one the plugin users has a new card and using any driver newer than 3.31 it will not change channels.

If you need a version of the driver that will work fire me an e-mail (bstein@accesscomm.ca) and I'll email it to you.

Bryan
                        Bryan

Comment

Correct, I type in channel number, click set channel, and the channel does not change. The small box between the + and - buttons does change to the desired channel number, but the video does not change. Only by using the + and - buttons will it change properly. My driver version is same as it's always been 2.60.20112

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BMMS:
                          Richard
                          Ok when you typed in a channel number and clicked the 'Set Channel' button it didn't change channels? Your using a 3.31 version WinTV driver?

If you need a version of the driver that will work fire me an e-mail (bstein@accesscomm.ca) and I'll email it to you.

Bryan
                          (Config is in my profile)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

Right - you have the USB version of WinTV (if I'm remembering correctly). When you have the preview window open of AppTest can you click on the channel indicator (between the + and -) then enter in one of your valid channels. The channel should change after a few seconds - does it?

Bryan
                            Bryan

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BMMS:
                              Right - you have the USB version of WinTV (if I'm remembering correctly). When you have the preview window open of AppTest can you click on the channel indicator (between the + and -) then enter in one of your valid channels. The channel should change after a few seconds - does it?

Bryan
                              (Config is in my profile)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do use USB version of WinTV. And I can click in the channel indicator and type in a new channel number, but the channel does not change. The indicator shows the channel number I just typed in, but the video display does not change to that channel. I then clicked the + sign and the channel did change.

Comment

Working...
                              X