This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugin capturing interlaced images

I have upgraded the plugin to the latest version from v2 and it now appears to be capturing interlaced images. Unfortunately any movement in front of the camera when the image is taken appears interlaced and slightly offset as the two scans are combined. Captures with the Win2K application appear OK but the plugin and cap preview all exhibit this problem.

I have attached an image which shows what I mean.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Dave
    Attached Files

Dave - if you go into WinTV 2000 see what the settings are for Deinterlace. I have mine set to Deinterlace two field for still capture and captures from the plugin do not exibit this bluring effect.

Bryan
    (Config is in my profile)
    Bryan

Comment

Bryan,

I have already checked that. It appears that the settings from Wintv2K have no effect on the plugin. I did have the plugin working on an earlier version some months ago and that only captured non-interlaced images. Unfortunatly I have had to do a bare metal restore from scratch since then.

I have attached an image captured from before the rebuild which may give a clue as to what settings are being used by the plugin.

I still have the file and directory structure from the old homeseer server which may contain the settings and versions of associated files etc. but I'm not sure what to look for going forward.

Regards

Dave
      Attached Files

Comment

Dave - this is fixed in version 3.1.1. That version is still in a closed beta as it has a few issues. Capturing AVI's, streaming and still pictures all at the same time is keeping me on my toes.

Bryan
        Bryan

Comment

Bryan,

I look forward to it going on general release.

Regards

Dave

Comment

I am having trouble waiting for it to become available. I keep checking the updater, sometimes twice a day!

Any idea on when?

Thanks,
            Bill

[This message was edited by Bill D on Wed, 10 March 2004 at 09:12 PM.]

Comment

Assumming there is no big show stoppers, I'll be submitting version 3.1.3 to the updater this weekend. One bit of warning though - for those of you that are sticking with the very old win 9x/Me family of windows, you may run into resource issues and the thumbnails for AVI's in you AVI folder (browse AVI's like the stills) do not work. Depending on the color depth (color format) you have configured for your camera(s) you may need up to 50MB of ram.

Bryan
              Bryan

Comment

Bryan,

The memory requirement is not a problem for me. I'm running XP Pro on a 512MB P4 system. Of course I might use this as an excuse to up that to 1G....

Bill

Comment

Well if you can get that by your appropriations committee (other half) that's great. I'm running 256MB (RDRAM)on my system along with everything else (XP Pro) and there's no problems. It's very responsive (dual PIII 800Mhz Dell workstation). All the multi-media code is multi-threaded so it makes excellent use of dual cpu configurations.

Bryan
                  Bryan

Comment

Working...
                  X