This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Version 3.1.3 is in the updater

Version 3.1.3 should now be available in the updater. It does not require a license key (or a trial key) until April 1, 2004. If you have used a trial key before and it has expired. please email me and I'll have to arrange to get you a new trial key. Once a trial key expires, the updater will not provide another one for you so it has to be a manual process.

Added features:
    <UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Ability to configure cameras for recording AVI's<LI>Ability to change the TV tuner channel from the local preview form and from the streaming web page<LI>A web page to view thumbnails of AVI's recorded (just like the stills page)<LI>Ability to record audio (or not) when capturing an AVI<LI>Ability to designate the country code for your TV tuner and whether it's cable or antenna (to get the right frequency). Country codes are in the help file.<LI>Better control over the delay before snapping a picture (Always delay, never delay or the normal delay)<LI>Redid the tooltips for configuring the plugin. Hovering the cursor over a field gives a help tooltip<LI>And of course, updated the documentation[/list]

Known limitations:
    - AVI thumbnails do not work properly with Windows 9x/ME. This is a limitation of the operating system and not a problem with the plugin. I'm still checking this out.
    - Working with images, AVI's and streaming, especially while viewing a live preview locally, likes a lot of memory. At peak usage, memory required could exceed 50MB of RAM. This is not really an issue with W2K/XP but is an issue for Windows 9x/ME - they don't provide as good memory and resourse management as W2K and XP do.

Bryan
    (Config is in my profile)
    Bryan

Thanks Bryan. I can't wait to get home to check it out. I really appreciate all the hard work you put into it. This stuff is great.

Comment

I am waiting for this one ...
      Thanks
      Pierre
      Visit zee e-maison : http://www.e-maison.com

Comment

Pierre,
        I have been testing with Bryan on PVR-350 functionality. It's getting close. I knew Bryan was serious when he recently purchased a PVR-250. He is very happy with the quality of the video from the card. So hold tight.

Comment

Version 3.1.3 will not work with the PVR series but since I have a PVR-250 now (just got it) I am currently testing a version that does ... stand by ...

Bryan
          Bryan

Comment

Bryan,

Just updated...

Not had time to play much, however i'm getting these errors in the log: -

16/03/2004 23:04:51~!~Hauppauge Capture Error~!~An unexpected error occured in the BuildCameraLists() function/subroutine: [380 - Invalid property value]
            16/03/2004 23:04:54~!~Hauppauge Capture Error~!~An unexpected error occured in the cbCameraSetting_Click() function/subroutine: [380 - Invalid property value]

16/03/2004 23:07:11~!~CaptureUtility Info~!~tmCaptureImage - Starting AVI capture for 15 seconds - C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\html\AVI\Anywhere Test tuner Cam_2004-03-16_23-07-11.avi
            16/03/2004 23:07:11~!~CaptureUtility Error~!~An unexpected error occured in the tmCaptureImage_Timer() function/subroutine: [-2147417848 - Automation error
            The object invoked has disconnected from its clients. ]
            16/03/2004 23:07:11~!~Hauppauge Capture Info~!~oCapture_CaptureError - shuting down utilities - Retry Count is 0

Also the plugin didn't make the avi folder and I had to update the RICHTX32.OCX file in windows/system32 to the new version.

finally whats head.htm ?? and its ref to calender.asp ?

Comment

Can I get you to set the message level to Debug level 1, restart HomeSeer and email me the log. It appears you are getting these errors whe you using CapConfig so make sure you go into CapConfig so I can just what is causing the problem.

What do you have for a capture card? Are you using multiple capture devices?

Bryan
              Bryan

Comment

I am getting the same thing. And preview does not work for me. I am using a WinTV GO PCI card.

I'm emailing you the log now.

Bill

Comment

Bill D
                  Are you a North American user or oversea's? If your a Pal user (oversea's) and your using the tuner for the camera source then you must set the country code and select antenna or cable for the frequency to be calculated properly. Country codes are in the help file.

If that's not the problem, I'll check out your log when you send it to me.

Speedy

I missed answering a couple of your questions:

Also the plugin didn't make the avi folder and I had to update the RICHTX32.OCX file in windows/system32 to the new version.
                  *** The correct version is in the zip file. I have it set so if that control is already in the system folder, I don't overwrite it. in case users have a newer version than the one I have (although mine is the latest service pack - SP5) . The plugin does not create the folders - that's up to you. When you exit the configuration screen to does check to make sure the folders you specify do exist. I don't create the folders on purpose because many want control over what they are called and how they are arranged.

finally whats head.htm ?? and its ref to calender.asp ?
                  *** described in the configuration section of the help file
                  Use the supplied Head.htm by placing into the HomeSeer\html folder. HomeSeer's web server will automatically display a header line containing the 4 ASP pages and a calendar page.
                  *** See the images of the web pages in the help file. The very first line is generated by head.htm - this is a funtioin of HomeSeer not this plugin - I just use it's functionality.

The calender.asp page - well it's a calendar - if you installed the include scripts you should have it. It's just a calendar.

Bryan

[This message was edited by BMMS on Tue, 16 March 2004 at 10:50 PM.]
                  Bryan

Comment

Bryan,

North American user and although I have a camera defined that uses the tuner, my primary camera definition does not use the tuner.

Nothing works. And I tried going back to the previous release and I get errors also (I was not sure exactly which files I needed to copy, so it is possible I missed something).

Bill

Comment

All I (badly) need is still image capture of a tuned chanel, B&W...
                      Could thee be a pre-beta tester release ?

Thanks
                      Pierre
                      Visit zee e-maison : http://www.e-maison.com

Comment

Bryan,

Selecting the correct capture device solved my problems, and I was able to do it from CapConfig.

Bill

Comment

Pierre

If your capture device is not using hardware MPEG encoding then this plugin will work for you (I'm working on a hardware MPEG encoding verion to record MPEG's).

Being from France, you likely have to set the TV format to PAL, set the proper country code, select tuner as the video source, whether it

[This message was edited by BMMS on Wed, 17 March 2004 at 01:30 PM.]
                          Bryan

Comment

Working...
                          X