X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with avi capture in v3.1.3

Bryan,

I have just loaded and reconfigured the plugin and everything appears to work apart from the AVI captures.

From the preview pane I can start & stop streaming OK but hitting the capture button generated the following messages;

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>16/03/2004 21:08:07~!~CaptureUtility Info~!~Streaming started on port 8080 with 5 connections
    16/03/2004 21:08:24~!~CaptureUtility Info~!~Streaming stopped
    16/03/2004 21:08:27~!~CaptureUtility Info~!~tmCaptureImage - Starting AVI capture for 15 seconds - D:\homeseer\html\AVI\Front Door Camera_2004-03-16_21-08-27.avi
    16/03/2004 21:08:27~!~CaptureUtility Error~!~An unexpected error occured in the tmCaptureImage_Timer() function/subroutine: [-2147417848 - Automation error
    The object invoked has disconnected from its clients. ]
    16/03/2004 21:08:27~!~Hauppauge Capture Info~!~oCapture_CaptureError - shuting down utilities - Retry Count is 0 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have the plugin set as follows;
    WMVideo9 Encoder DMO & WMAudio Speech Encoder DMO

Bit rate is set for single channel ISDN (64K)

Input into card is composite and format is PAL_B.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Regards

Dave

Dave

This error is caused by a problem using the selected compression video and/or audio codec for the selected color format (which include image bit depth). The video/audio compression is selected on the Camera/AVI Settings tab of the config form and applies to all cameras.

Make sure your selected color format is supported by your card. The "Native Image" drop down on the Camera/AVI Settting tab of the CapConfig form provide image information - Width x Hight x # of bits in image, and the color format reference #. To select a supported color format make sure the color format EG: YUY2(7) has the number in brackets (7 in this case) as the last number in the Native Image drop down.

My configuration uses the DivX 5.11 video codec (available at www.DivX.com) and the audio codec GSM6.10 with color format YUY2(7). Works great. I also use a frame rate of 30 since the default 15 acts funny.

Bryan
    (Config is in my profile)
    Bryan

Comment

Dave,

UK format is Pal-I

Comment

Bryan,

I have tried virtually every combination of native image and colour format and I still get the samer error.

Can anyone in the UK let me know what settings they are using for a low end PCI WinTV-Go card?

Speedy, thanks for the Pal update.

Regards

Dave

Comment

Have you changed the video and audio compression selections? To properly capture an AVI you must select video/audio compressions that work with the selected color format. I'm using color format YUY2 (16 bit image) with DivX 5.11 video and GSM6.10 audio codec's. That is what is causing the error. I see that in furture releases I better catch this error and log a more meaningful error message to the HS log.

Bryan
          Bryan

Comment

Bryan,

I have loaded the divx codec and used your settings and everything works fine. This has added a whole new dimension to my HA setup, I'm well impressed.

One thing I did notice though, the listthumbsavi.asp is hard coded to look for the AVI directory of the root of the HTML folder. I had the plugin capturing images to a different folder of HTML with the AVI folder in that. It took me a while to work out that I had to hack the asp file.

Dave

Comment

The AVI sub folder has to be within the html fodler if you want to be able to serve AVI's from another machine. HomeSeer will only serve files within the HomeSee\html folder structure. That's why it looks for the folder in html.
              Bryan

Comment

Working...
              X