Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you pronounce Hauppauge? -Or- Multiple WinTV cards?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you pronounce Hauppauge? -Or- Multiple WinTV cards?

OK. Just got a second Hauppage WinTV card (model 190). Running XP Home. It will not install the drivers. It keeps saying that it cannot find the necessary software. Have tried from the CD that came with the card and from the drivers I downloaded from Hauppauge. What else should I try? Anybody have multiple cards in a single box?

Oh yeah... The pronunciation... While searching for help on Hauppague's site, I came across this...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Hauppauge is a town in NY on Long Island. Hauppauge is pronounced HOP-HOG. The area around the headwaters of the Nissequogue (NISS-I-QUOG) River was dubbed Hauppauge by Native Americans; it means "overflowed land'' in the Algonquian language. Hauppauge boasts a large industrial park which is home to many well known companies. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

:-p

You may want to try the below brooktree chip driver. At one time I think it supported more than one BT based capture card in a computer.

http://btwincap.sourceforge.net/
    Why I like my 2005 rio yellow Honda S2000 with the top down, and more!

Comment

I always pronounced it Haw-Pog. Close enough for mid western dialect
      Bruce

"The universal answer is 42."

Comment

Yeah, I've heard some pretty way-off pronunciations. :-)

zoomkat: The BT driver worked. Weird thing is that I now have two listings in Device Manager - one for Hauppauge device and another for Conexant device. I guess that the Hauppague driver is for my first (original) card and the Conexant driver is for the new card that didn't want to install. It doesn't look like the driver you referred me to installed for both cards. Probably because the first card was already working? Anyway... They both seem to be working. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X