This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Direction

I have HomeSeer 1.7 and a Hauppauge ImpactVCB card. I have a camera I want to use with the web interface that connects to one of the BNC connectors on the ImpactVCB card. The camera is an indoor/outdoor camera which is pretty generic. I couldn't find a manufacturer, but I did find a couple of vendor pages with this camera listed as a Day/Night Color Bullet camera: http://www.securetek.com/product_inf...oducts_id/1075. The camera is on the Composite source selection on the ImpactVCB. I wish to add 2 other cameras like this. I would like to know how to set up the camera and how to make it work with the plugin. Ultimately, I would like to get this camera to stream its output in WMV9 format through the web interface. Anyone see any holes in my plan. Also, how should I go about this project?

Thanks!

-Dan DeRemer

I did have a setup exactly like that using the ImpactVCB. What you need to do is create a vitual device for each of the cameras (to give it a HS unit/house code) and plug each camera into one of the BNC connectors. The important thing to do is to configure the camera's correctly for the input source. Hauppauge support sent me this image to shows the name of the input to use for each of the BNC connectors. The online help file (the big question mark) on the configuration form will help in setting up the plugin.

If you have any questions as you get into it, just postem.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bmms; February 5, 2005, 09:47 AM. Reason: attachment was too large first time
    Bryan
    (Config is in my profile)

Comment

Thanks!

Awesome. I'm pretty sure we will want 1 camera per zone so my goal now is to get the first camera going and the rest will follow. Thanks alot!

-Dan

Comment

Can't get the camera working

I'm not too sure how I get the camera working. The CapConfig throws up a dialog box complaining that the "Motion Detector identifier not defined" and I can't figure out where to define it. In short, I'm not sure where to start and I need to be humored a little bit. Thanks for the help so far.

-Dan

P.S. This is my log output - Debug level 2

2/5/2005 6:20:01 PM~!~startup~!~Loading configuration XML file
        2/5/2005 6:20:01 PM~!~startup~!~Restoring device status
        2/5/2005 6:20:01 PM~!~startup~!~Initializing text to speech
        2/5/2005 6:20:02 PM~!~Error setting voice~!~The specified operation failed because spoken audio output for all characters has been disabled in the Advanced Character Options. Incompatible voice, try another
        2/5/2005 6:20:02 PM~!~startup~!~Initializing Telephone Interface
        2/5/2005 6:20:02 PM~!~Info~!~HomeSeer Phone is not available
        2/5/2005 6:20:04 PM~!~startup~!~Initializing X10 Interface
        2/5/2005 6:20:04 PM~!~Hauppauge Capture Info~!~hspi_Hauppauge_Capture - register callback complete.
        2/5/2005 6:20:04 PM~!~Hauppauge Capture Info~!~hspi_Hauppauge_Capture - initializing X10...
        2/5/2005 6:20:04 PM~!~Hauppauge Capture Error~!~HS Capture devices use house code '[' and Capture's expected code is ' \'. Please delete all Capture Devices and restart HS
        2/5/2005 6:20:04 PM~!~CaptureUtility Debug L2~!~Form_Load - form loaded - Init value is False
        2/5/2005 6:20:04 PM~!~CaptureUtility Info~!~CaptureUtility Version: 3.1.5 - Retrieving info from capture card
        2/5/2005 6:20:04 PM~!~CaptureUtility Debug L2~!~Getting Supported Video formats info
        2/5/2005 6:20:05 PM~!~CaptureUtility Debug L2~!~Got VideoCaps info 34 formats found
        2/5/2005 6:20:05 PM~!~CaptureUtility Debug L2~!~Getting Video Inputs info
        2/5/2005 6:20:06 PM~!~CaptureUtility Debug L2~!~Getting WDM Streaming Profiles for 26 profiles
        2/5/2005 6:20:07 PM~!~CaptureUtility Debug L2~!~Got all video info
        2/5/2005 6:20:07 PM~!~CaptureUtility Debug L2~!~Entered Class terminate
        2/5/2005 6:20:07 PM~!~Hauppauge Capture Info~!~Added Default Camera Settings
        2/5/2005 6:20:07 PM~!~startup~!~Initializing Infrared Interface
        2/5/2005 6:20:07 PM~!~startup~!~Initializing Z-Wave Interface
        2/5/2005 6:20:07 PM~!~startup~!~Initializing scripting
        2/5/2005 6:20:07 PM~!~startup~!~Initializing I/O
        2/5/2005 6:20:07 PM~!~Hauppauge Capture Info~!~hspi_Hauppauge_Capture Version: 3.1.5 - initializing I/O
        2/5/2005 6:20:07 PM~!~Hauppauge Capture Info~!~Registering menu items
        2/5/2005 6:20:07 PM~!~Hauppauge Capture Error~!~HS Capture devices use house code '[' and Capture's expected code is ' \'. Please delete all Capture Devices and restart HS
        2/5/2005 6:20:07 PM~!~CaptureUtility Debug L2~!~Form_Load - form loaded - Init value is True
        2/5/2005 6:20:10 PM~!~CaptureUtility Debug L2~!~Form_Load - CapPreview Form Loaded
        2/5/2005 6:20:10 PM~!~CaptureUtility Info~!~CaptureUtility Version: 3.1.5 - Retrieving info from capture card
        2/5/2005 6:20:10 PM~!~CaptureUtility Debug L2~!~Getting Supported Video formats info
        2/5/2005 6:20:10 PM~!~CaptureUtility Debug L2~!~Got VideoCaps info 34 formats found
        2/5/2005 6:20:10 PM~!~CaptureUtility Debug L2~!~Getting Video Inputs info
        2/5/2005 6:20:12 PM~!~CaptureUtility Debug L2~!~Getting WDM Streaming Profiles for 26 profiles
        2/5/2005 6:20:13 PM~!~CaptureUtility Debug L2~!~Got all video info
        2/5/2005 6:20:13 PM~!~CaptureUtility Debug L2~!~Entered Class terminate
        2/5/2005 6:20:13 PM~!~Hauppauge Capture Info~!~Added Default Camera Settings
        2/5/2005 6:20:13 PM~!~startup~!~Initializing voice recognition
        2/5/2005 6:20:46 PM~!~Hauppauge Capture Error~!~An unexpected error occured in the SSTab1_Click() function/subroutine: [380 - Invalid property value]
        2/5/2005 6:20:50 PM~!~Hauppauge Capture Error~!~An unexpected error occured in the tabCameras() function/subroutine: [381 - Subscript out of range.]
        2/5/2005 6:20:58 PM~!~Hauppauge Capture Error~!~An unexpected error occured in the tabCameras() function/subroutine: [381 - Subscript out of range.]
        2/5/2005 6:21:21 PM~!~Hauppauge Capture Info~!~Added Default Camera Settings
        2/5/2005 6:21:21 PM~!~Hauppauge Capture Info~!~CapConfig terminated
        2/5/2005 6:22:10 PM~!~Hauppauge Capture Debug Level 2~!~Request to show CapConfig Received
        2/5/2005 6:22:17 PM~!~Hauppauge Capture Info~!~Added Default Camera Settings
        2/5/2005 6:22:17 PM~!~Hauppauge Capture Info~!~CapConfig terminated

Comment

As soon as you open the config form, click on the big question mark in the upper right hand corner of the screen. This will open the help file that explains the setup for the plugin. One help is open, click on the + by the configuration section then click on the cofiguration link (would have appeared under the configuration section).

Do you have any motion sensors in your HomeSeer configuration? If so then you can have a camera activated and pictures snapped (and AVI's recorded) when a motion sensor is triggered. There should be a device type that identifies a motion sensor as a motion sensor. All or an unique portion of that string is used to identify HomeSeer devices that are motion sensors.

From the help file
          The Device Type (in device properties) used by devices in your installation that detect motion or other devices that detect activity in your home. Any part of this (these) device type(s) is entered into the 'MS Identifier' field in the General tab. NOTE: If you did not configure Device Types for your HomeSeer devices when your installation was initially set up, then you must assign a Device Type to your motion sensing devices so that the plugin can uniquely identify those devices. See the HomeSeer help for using device types by searching for "Device Types" or "Supported Devices".

Bryan

Comment

Still puzzled

I have the Hauppauge plugin installed and Main Alarm shows XCam On but I get nothing from camera.asp. I set the identifier as "Test" and used Security Control as the device. I do not have a motion sensor as I would like to have the streaming portion of the plugin working and I really don't care about whether it takes snapshots. My set up is that I have warehouse with a garage door that needs opened so that builders/suppliers can pick up/drop off supplies. I have the X10 interface wired into the door's up, down, and stop buttons. I followed your help file and the HomeSeer help and can't seem to progress any further than getting video in CapPreview. I've tried the VfW driver (I'm using Win2k pro, BTW) and it seems to break the CapConfig and CapPreview utils. I am back to where I started with the latest WDM drivers from Hauppauge's web site from my ImpactVCB. Any suggestions? Thanks.

-Dan

Comment

The plugin still needs to have at least one motion sensor. It doesn't matter if you create an Active Security zone or not. So just enter something in the MS Identifer box so something shows up in the Available list. That will keep the plugin happy.

You must use the WDM drivers for the plugin.

The Main Alarm show have Armed and Disarmed available as options. XCam on and XCamOff are automatically set for cameras.

Maybe you should email me your hspi_Hauppauge_Capture.ini file (in the config folder) to bstein@accesscomm.ca and I'll take a look at your configuration settings.
              Bryan

Comment

Got it!

Bryan,

Thanks for all of your help. I installed Windows Media Encoder 9 and set the motion sensor as the "Motion Sensor" device type. I also reinstalled the WinTV drivers and HomeSeer. Camera.asp does not work but I don't have a motion sensor and I don't really need Camera.asp. I got stream.asp to work and I have video so that is all I care about right now. Thank you so much for your help.

-Dan DeRemer

Comment

Working...
                X