Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

What am I missing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What am I missing?

Just started on using streaming and get this. I have gone over the docs about 10 times and still can't see the problem. The log indicates that streaming has started on port 1452 but nothing on the display.

I keep getting a message that "The file I am attempting to play has an extention that does not match the file format".

Can't find the file name or extention being used.

I do have Media Extention V9 on all systems.

Capture utility is 3.1.4

Don

When you say you have the Media Extension V9 you do mean the Windows Media Encoder V9 - right? Have you selected a Windows Media profile in the General tab of CapConfig?

The statement "I keep getting a message that "The file I am attempting to play has an extention that does not match the file format".
    " - is that a popup that appears on the stream.asp page or just where does this error occur.
    Bryan
    (Config is in my profile)

Comment

Thought that I had done that but will check again and make sure.

Thanks.

Comment

Just checked and I had DIVX set for some reason. I seem to remember I needed it for the video AVI. There seems to be a couple WM and MS types. I'm on a different machine right now but will go downstairs and see what all is listed as options and print them off. I seem to remember a couple of MS V9's in the list.

The error message was a popup that occured whenever I went to the page.

Comment

Working...
        X