This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This plugin is EXCELLENT!!!!

I just started playing around with this plugin two days ago and it is working GREAT. Does everything I wanted to do with WebCam and all the features work and it has DOCUMENTATION.....

I would have had it up and running sooner if I would have read the documentation a little better before I started.

Install was easy as was configuration and adding to the web page. Still working on getting the streaming video going. Was not high on my priority list.

I have tried 15 different capture programs and this turned out the best and is designed for the HS environment. The couple of problems I had were quickly resolved by the author.

Support was fast, accurate, and complete.

If you are looking to add on-demand camera captures, motion activated captures, easily added to the HS web page you can stop looking. THIS IS IT!!!

Don
    www.k9soa.net
    Home of "JEANNIE"
    The House That Listens
    Seen on HGTV, Home Automation and Kentucky Living Magazines

Which video capture card do you use?

-Rupp
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I am currently using a Dazzle 80 external unit. Plugs into a USB port. Have also tried the KWorld TV/FM card and it worked as well. My next attempt in playing around is to try both. I have some cameras that go directly to a modulator and with the TV card I can get captures from them as well.

The one thing I like is that I can logon and ask for immediate captures.

Take a look. www.k9soa.net and go to JEANNIE Automated Status link. Since good ole MS has shut off the option to supply the ID/PW in the link you need to enter guest/guest.

The captures are only active sunrise to sunset. Don't have any of my IR floods installed yet.

Not sure if I have the guest logon able to take a capture but you can give it a try. Select IMMEDIATE CAPTURE. (during the day)

Don

Don
      www.k9soa.net
      Home of "JEANNIE"
      The House That Listens

Comment

There's a registry hack to reenable the guest/guest login method.

See this thread:
        http://ubb.homeseer.com/6/ubb.x?a=tp...465#3366016465

-Rupp
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

The fix will only fix "MY IE", NOT anyone else that tries to use the link.

Like everyone else here we need the ability to supply the ID/PW in the link so the user doesn't have to.

Don
          www.k9soa.net
          Home of "JEANNIE"
          The House That Listens

Comment

kyham,

How did you get the 4 way split screen? I would like to try that. It looks great. I just set it up today. I have a cable feed of modulated cameras. I would love to see them all on one page like you have.

ps. The video streaming is so easy. Just type in your ip address (internal if you are at home with a network) and the port, and wait about 20 seconds while the browser refreshes, and you have live action!

Comment

The 2X2 display is created by a video camera controller. It is a 16 camera input unit and you can select either a single view, single sequential view of each camera, single with PIP, 2X2, 3X3, or 4X4. For all but the 4X4, you can set up which camera to be in each position. Nice unit. It is made by ROBOT.

It feeds a RF modulator to ch 29 right now. In addition, I am looking into putting each camera on a different channel so you can select which one you want to view. I have the plugin buttons set up but not working yet.

Don
              www.k9soa.net
              Home of "JEANNIE"
              The House That Listens

Comment

could i know where could i find the documentation? I am currently using a trial version for the same..

Comment

The documentation is the help file, it is in the standard help folder. You can also get to it from the Cap Config screen.

Bill

Comment

Working...
                  X