This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

View Security Images not working

Hi all, this is probably something very silly but when I click on "View Security Images" on the Homeseer browser I get the following message Script error: Path not found fso.CreateFolder(sCapFolder & "Thumbs") ' Make sure the Thumbs sub folder is defined in the capture folder here End If

I have both the Capture Thumbnail and AVI Thumbnails directories there so cannot see why it cant save any thumbnails. The pictures are being stored in the capture directory. It worked ok a few days ago.Have I accidently deleted something ? Any ideas. AVI works fine its just not saving any thumbnails in the Capture\Thumbnails directory.

Regards

Darren

Darren,

I think the thumbnail directory has to be called "thumbs" in a subdiretcory below the appropriate camera. That's the way I have mine and the capture thumbnails display fine (AVI thumbnails have never worked for me, they get created but aren't displayed on webpage)

Cheers

Comment

Hi Jim, I have the Thumbs dirctory there but still didn't work. I deleted the ini file and that appears to of fixed it.
      Regards
      Darren

Comment

Hey!
        I have a bigger problem..i have installed the plug in and the TV Tuner Card,my XCam doesnt show up! No options to choose from in the list..what do you think is the problem? it did recognise my TV Tuner card though..

Comment

Did you select the correct device type for the "Camera Device Type" in the General Tab of the CapConfig form? The only way that the device types will show up is if you enter something into the Motion Sensor identifier (MS Identifier) field. If you don't have any motion sensors, just add a dummy one as a HomeSeer device - just to fool the plugin.
          Bryan
          (Config is in my profile)

Comment

Yep..did that..all is fine..except..the preview is not capturing the image now..just some disturbance showing up in the corner..could it be the TV Tuner card? it's a Mercury TV Tuner card..the software that came with the card shows the images captured..however, Hauppauge isnt for some reason..

Comment

When the CapPreview form is open what shows up in the Camera text box? If it is not the camera device name you have set up then the camera has not been activated by the plugin. One way to activate the camera is to select it from the "Select Camera to Switch to" dropdown box.

Is the camera using the Composite video input - or on a modulated tuner channel. Is that set up correctly in the Camera / AVI settings tab for your camera? If your using the tuner, you have to set the tuner country code (1 for the US/2 for Canada etc. - as in the help file)
              Bryan
              (Config is in my profile)

Comment

Working...
              X