Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

When Streaming Video Does the plugin play sound on the local homeseer server?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Streaming Video Does the plugin play sound on the local homeseer server?

I have my line out connected to areas all over the house from my homeseer pc for text to speach stuff and some music. IF I install this plugin and a capture card will it produce tv sound when streaming the tv tuner remotely "from the homeseer website" out the line out on my homeseer pc thus playing the tv audio all over my house?

You can instruct the plugin to mute the audio output on the General tab in the config form. There are two fields that affect this - a dropdown 'Mute Audio Input' and checkbox for 'Mute Audio Output'. This will prevent audio from the capture device from feed to the audio output and your whole house.
    Bryan
    (Config is in my profile)

Comment

I see. but what if I would like to hear audio via my streaming video would it then be muted from the website and if I unmuted it so I could hear the audio portion when streaming wouldn't it come out my whole house audio?

Comment

No - the mute is for the local audio output only. The audio is still transmitted in the stream so you will hear it on the web stream.
        Bryan
        (Config is in my profile)

Comment

Working...
        X