Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Hauppauge WinTV-PVR USB2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hauppauge WinTV-PVR USB2

Can anyone confirm this works ok with the Hauppauge plugin on both .jpg and AVI video capture ? Dont wont to purchase it and find it doesn't do AVI.

Regards

Darren

It will work with the plugin for jpg still captures only. Currently the plugin does not support AVI recording or streaming for devices that use hardware MPEG compression - and this device does.

I am going to look into having the plugin record MPEG's as an option for those of us that use hardware MPEG devices. Now streaming live video with hardware MPEG devices is another story.
    Bryan
    (Config is in my profile)

Comment

Hi Bryan, it would be great if it can be made to record mpg as I am in a position where I only have one PCI slot being used by the pinnacle capture card but need this for a SCSI controller. I am now planning on building a DVD library on my hard disks. If I can get a SCSI capture card that works on USB (preferably USB2) for video and stills then my system will do everything I want. I will hold off on the purchasing the Hauppage USB until a plugin is available. It works great with the Pinnacle card but I dont want to have a large PC with my limited space.
      Regards
      Darren

Comment

Whoops above post I didnt mean SCSI capture card I meant USB capture card.

Comment

Working...
        X