Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

What do I need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I see the problem. It is taking a picture even with that error because you have an event that fires when motion is sensed. The line in the log:

1/27/2006 2:18:15 PM~!~Event Trigger~!~X10 Trigger (take front door pics)

indicates that an event is firing telling the plugin to snap a picture. This would result in the pugin being asked to take the picture twice - that will really confuse things. Look for for the event "take front door pics" and disable it. The plugin does all the camera switching and automatically takes the snaps. No events are required.

I seached the log for "resize" but I didn't find any messages in there. What exactly are you refering to?

When I converted to HS2 on my development system, all the plugin settings were preserved.

Let me know how things work out.
    Bryan
    (Config is in my profile)

Comment

Originally posted by bmms
      I beleive Don is using DivX 5 codec for video.
      Yes I use DIVX. I found that it creates about the smallest file for AVI's and a pretty fast transfer for streaming. You can find it by doing a search for it on Google or other search engine. I am using V 511. It is available for free and they have other products that work with it for purchase.

If you need a copy, I have it in my Download section on my site. Just DL and run. No need to reboot Windows. I think they have a PRO version available with some extra bells & whistles for purchase. The only bad thing is that most visitors won't have it and they will have to install before they can view anything. The Microsoft codecs will work and most everyone will have them. It will just create a larger file, not a real big deal.

Comment

Don, thanks for the Divx codec. It works well and creates a small but great looking avi file.

Byran, I did what you asked-disabled that event. The reason I created that event was what I read in the hauppauge overview. I included that snippet of text in "reason.txt" file and I included the portion of the log concerning "resizing images" in the other text file. But right now no error messages and the plug-in is working great. Thanks
        Attached Files

Comment

Glad to hear it is work as it should.

Thanks for pointing that event stuff out out. I will have to change that configuration in the docs. I missed that when I updated to the plugin to automatically tak the snaps when motion is detected. Wow - someone who reads the documentation

On the image resize - that occurs when the requested image size does not match the native capture size as set up in the plugin. If you make both those values the same the time involved is very short.
          Bryan

Comment

So, when I look at the camera/avi settings tab in the plug-in, everything is set to 320x240. In 4 places-image size, resize width and height, avi size, and primay width and hight. All set at 320x240. I tried to leave the resize width and height blank (thinking it won't resize) but it won't allow me to leave those boxes blank. If you can advise, great. If not I am still a happy camper.

Comment

Originally posted by bmms
              Glad to hear it is work as it should.
              On the image resize - that occurs when the requested image size does not match the native capture size as set up in the plugin. If you make both those values the same the time involved is very short.
              I ran the winTV application and saw there it is set to capture stills at 320x240. Since everything in the plug-in is also set to 320x240, I don't know what I might change to solve the delay. The only problem I have is that the snaps are taken too far apart, which I guess is because of the delay in resizing the pictures. Any ideas? Richard

Comment

There are two things you can try. First in the Camera/AVI tab select valid image size in the "Image Size" dropdown box. Make the resize hight and width the same as the native image size. The second thing you can try is to decrease the MS Between Images value - this value is set by camera and be different for each camera. This value is in milliseconds and the plugin just sleeps this long between snaps. I believe the minimum value if 100 ms.
                Bryan

Comment

Working...
                X