This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do I need?

Hi. A few years ago I purchased your plug-in, and was using it on my Win98 machine. I ran into some problems when you did one of your updates to the plug-in, and we never got it resolved. But now my old computer has crashed, and I am installing the latest version of Homeseer 1.7 on a Win XP machine. I want to try your plug-in again, as I really liked it. What do I need to do to install it? I assume some unlock or registration code, which I no longer have handy. What can I provide to you in order to get this info? Thank You, Richard

Hi Richard

The HomeSeer help desk will be able to get your registration code for you. Since they handle all the licensing, I do not have a record of the licenses issued other than who purchased the plugin.

If you have problems getting it working please email me or post to this forum and we'll get up going.
    Bryan
    (Config is in my profile)

Comment

I got my license keys from Homeseer, and I see 2 versions available on the update screen. Will my old license keys work with either one? Is one version more "time tested"? I didn't notice any major differences based on the description. I use 2 cameras modulated to Channels 55 and 57 being fed into my USB hauppauge WinTV device. I want to snap pictures based on motion detection from either camera if possible, and snap pictures from that cam. This would require the ability for the software to change channels on the device. Can the camera image be used for motion detection or do I need a separate motion detector. I'm trying to remember how it all woks (been a while) as I had been using Supervision Cam software when I couldn't get this plug-in to work. That software snaps images based on how many pixels change in the camera image. I should tell you when I did have your plug-in working, I really liked it. I'm sure there have been changes and improvements since I used it years ago. And you were always very helpful and responsive. Sorry for the long post. Richard BTW-I am using a fresh install of WinXP running Homeseer 1.7 and Homeseer phone and virus software. I have also installed the app and driver for the WinTV USB and it works OK.
      Last edited by rvgara; January 22, 2006, 03:41 PM. Reason: additional info

Comment

Well you should have both the HS1.x and HS2 license keys. The same version on the updater will work with both versions of HomeSeer. Both versions on the updater are stable but version 4.1.1 is just about ready with a few additional bug fixes and a more features for streaming and NINJA camera control.

You should have a seperate motion sensor for each camera and the plugin will manage switching camera's (effectively changing channels), snapping images and recording AVI's.

We'll get up up and running Richard.
        Bryan

Comment

Brian, I used updater to get version 4.0 but it is asking for a serial number. The license ID and password that homeseer sent me for your plug-in do not work here, so I opened another help request at homeseer. Hope to hear soon. But I wanted to ask you if I need to un-install the Win-TV application? I know to keep the drivers. I don't want to miss a step this time. Richard

Comment

I got the serial number. No error messages now. Is there a help file somewhere on how to get set up? I get a message saying "something like" no motion detectors have been set up. I can be more specific if you like. But if you point me to a "help" to set things up I will do it. Richard

Comment

You do not need to uninstall any of the Hauppauge software. Do you have the latest Hauppauge drivers for the USB WinTV?

The help file is available if you click the ? in the configuration form.
              Bryan

Comment

Hi Bryan. My first attempt failed, and I attached the homeseer log to see what you can determine. I noticed a line in the log "auto tuning to channel 4" but my cam is modulated on channel 55, and I did select "tuner" and channel 55 in the camera setup tab. I am starting off simple. Just one motion detector at the front door and one camera there also. I'm sure I did something wrong. Thanks for any pointers. Richard Sorry Bryan, it did work. I didn't notice the check box for "antenna" or "cable" and it did snap a picture. How do I see this now on the internet. Should it be available on my Homeseer control page? Or do I need to do something more?
                Attached Files
                Last edited by rvgara; January 24, 2006, 06:36 PM. Reason: it worked

Comment

I got the asp pages loaded. I had to download something called "includes" from the updater in order to get the thumbnails to work. Takes stills just great, but having trouble getting it to record an avi file. Haven't figured that out yet. Great job, Bryan!

Comment

For taking AVI movies, go to the last tab on the config. Not sure what it is called since I am not on my HS machine. There is a section that you can select the options for each camera. Select the camera from the drop down list and fill in the blanks.

On the bottom two lines there is a place for the file names and locations.
                    They both need to have names in them. Use the browse buttons to get to the folder. Usually Capture for single views, and AVI for the movies.

Select the number of seconds for the AVI and then select the SET button.

You need to do this for each camera that you are using.

Click OK when done.

When setting the options for each camera, make sure you use the right input type. Svideo, Tuner, Composite. Use Tuner and set the channel.

When using the preview display window, and select the camera, it will change the channel but not the one on that page. That usually stays at the default channel.

Comment

Originally posted by rvgara
                      I got the asp pages loaded. I had to download something called "includes" from the updater in order to get the thumbnails to work. Takes stills just great, but having trouble getting it to record an avi file. Haven't figured that out yet. Great job, Bryan!
                      Yes the includes are referenced in the pre-requisits in the documentation.

For AVI's the most important thing is selecting a valid video and audio codec. Codec's available available in the dropdown boxes may or may not work properly - you just have to experiment a bit to see what works best. I beleive Don is using DivX 5 codec for video.
                      Bryan

Comment

Hi Bryan. You were right about the codec. When I changed to a codec that I knew I had, it started recording AVI files, but not for the 15 seconds I selected in setup. It records abour 4 to 5 seconds. Any idea? I also have it taking 10 still snaps. Is that messing up the length of the AVI, because the numbers add up. I hope to add a second cam and motion detector soon. All is working well. Richard And thanks for the tips, Don

Comment

Bryan, I notice an error message in the log, but it doesn't seem to interfere with taking snaps. It says "an unexpected error occured in the Check_Motion(220) function/subroutine: [91 - object variable or with block variable not set]. Then it goes on and snaps pictures and records avi. What should I look for that would generate this? Thanks, Richard

Comment

Richard - if this error occurs the plugin should not be snapping a picture. Could you turn level 1 debugging on and email me a snippet of the log around when the error occurs. Also send the hspi_Hauppauge_Capture.ini file in the config folder.
                            Bryan

Comment

Wow, that sure produced a lot of log entries. I noticed alot of "resize images" type of message. Is there a way to avoid this, as I figure it must slow things down. It is definitely taking both stills and avi even when the error is there, but I do notice 3 second or so between snaps, so I didn't know if this "image resize" thing mattered. The files you want are attached. I am also being asked to upgrade to HS 2.0 because my 1.7 install won't accept my registration code. Do you think I will have any trouble and do I have to set up all the Hauppauge stuff again? I renamed the .ini file as a .txt in order to upload. Thanks, Richard
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X