This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

config errors

Following a cold reboot I'm getting no images captured by the plug-in,and nothing in the cap preview screens.

Homeseer version is 1.7.44
    Hauppage capture started at 3.5, but now I've upgraded to 4.0 in order to see if this fixes the error,sadly it doesnt.

I see in a separate post that someone else fixed it by changing the config, unfortunately every time I press OK in the config screens I get;

Hauppauge Capture Error~!~An unexpected error occured in the cmdArray_Click(520) function/subroutine: [381 - Invalid property array index]

in the Homeseer Log and the only way out is to hit the cancel button :-(

HSPI_Hauppage_capture.ini looks like this;

[ZoneCameraAssmts]
    Hauppauge Capture Main Alarm=Main Alarm~~False~5
    [Settings]
    BaseCode=]
    StatusFailSafe=60
    CapUtilResetCount=20
    ImageUtilResetCount=50
    DelayAfterConnect=50
    FontSize=10
    NameLoc=0
    DateLoc=2
    TimeLoc=8
    TextColor=blue
    BGColor=white
    TextOpacity=50
    BGOpacity=30
    CameraDeviceType=Camera
    MSDevType="MS"
    DevCount=1
    NumberOfImagesToTake=100
    MsBetweenImages=2000
    JPGQuality=80
    VideoFormat=256
    Width=768
    Height=576
    PreCaptureType=
    PostCaptureType=
    CaptureCardCount=1
    CaptureCard=0
    VideoCodec=2
    AudioCodec=0
    AutoCameraOff=5
    VideoSize=23
    VideoSizeW=768
    VideoSizeH=576
    AudioMuteLine=12
    AudioMute=True
    AudioInput=0
    StreamingProfile=1
    AVISize=0
    AVISizeW=320
    AVISizeH=240
    [Options]
    MsgLevel=4
    [CameraSettings]
    Default Camera Settings=4~200~4551~7258~10000~4194~C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\html\Capture\~Frame~1000~500~256~0~0~1~1~1~4~ 0~15~15~AVI~C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\html\AVI\~50~1~44~1~1~1~1
    Outside garage Camera=4~7~4010~5057~7419~5870~C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\html\Capture\~Frame~1000~500~256~0~0~1~1~1~4~ 0~0~0~~~0~1~44~2~0~0~0
    [Thumbs]
    LastImageName=C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\html\Capture\Frame_2006-01-11_20-17-00.jpg
    SnapImageCnt=1
    Width=200
    Height=200
    Quality=75
    PageSize=8
    Columns=4
    ShowFilenames=False
    LastCapFolderFile=C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\html\Capture\*
    FromDate=2003-12-21
    FromHour=11
    NameLoc=0
    DateLoc=3
    TimeLoc=6
    FontSize=8
    AVISeconds=-1
    ForceCameraOn=True
    ForDays=0
    [Stream]
    LastPortNbr=8064
    LastStreamSite=http://192.168.100.11

Any Suggestions what to try next?

Thanks

Giles

Have you tried deleting the ini file and recreating it?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

If you delete the ini file, you also have to delete all devices in Homeseer that are listed under the Hauppauge Capture location then restart HomeSeer to start from scratch. If you do this, I'd suggust you create a new ini file with only:

[Options]
      MsgLevel=0

in the file and the plugin will print a raft of debugging information that could tell me what is happending in the background.

I'm assuming that everything was operating properly before the cold boot?
      Bryan
      (Config is in my profile)

Comment

Bryan

Sorry for the delay in responding, I had my email settings wrong :-(

I'm still getting errors, here is what I tried;

I created new .ini file as instructed above and re-started homeseer.
        On entering Cap config I needed to assign the MS identifier string again, which I did. It did not create a Main security zone as before, but I could add other zones, however, every time I try to assign a camera to it and press OK, I get the unexpected error as before.
        If I skip to the Camera settings tab and try to set up the cameras when I press set I get a pop-up which says 'camera brightness plus Add Brightness 10980 exceeds maximum value 10000' I changed the add brightness value to 0 and this stops the pop-up appearing, but still get the unexpected error whenever error when I hit OK in cap config, the only escape is to cancel which does not leave the edits correctly saved in the .ini file.

Attached is the current .ini and the ah.log

Thanks for looking at this

Giles
        Attached Files

Comment

Just to make sure I'm not chasing a ghost - did you delete all the Hauppauge Capture devices (Alarm zones) in HomeSeer when you deleted the ini file? If not please do the process I outlined previously. The plugin will re-create the Main Alarm whe it see's that it doesn't exist when it starts up.

If you did follow the procedure I'll do some more digging.
          Bryan

Comment

Bryan

No Ghosts I'm afraid.

Yes I just re-checked, here is the sequence for this run;

Go into Homeseer and select all devices under Homeseer capture and delete them.

Shut down homeseer and edit the .ini file as above.

start up homeseer and go to cap config and get a pop-up saying that the Motion detector identifier is not defined, click OK and put MS in the motion identifier box and click OK and see the error;

04/02/2006 09:27:04~!~Hauppauge Capture Error~!~An unexpected error occured in the cmdArray_Click(520) function/subroutine: [381 - Invalid property array index]

Tried setting values on other panels but get the same error each time and can only exit the utility by hitting cancel and it seems no changes are saved.

Attached is the HS log.

Thanks for looking at this
            Giles
            Attached Files

Comment

Not sure if this helps, but the Streaming Audio Input and Mute Audio Input are both defaulting to null. There are no devices in the pull down for Streaming Audio Input, but if I select say LINE-IN for the Mute Audio Input I can click the OK button and the condifuration saves withour giving the error.

If I then go to the Capture Preview and select my camera, it immedately clicks back to Select Camera, and of course nothing is displayed.

I recently installed a Skyp Voip device (http://www.voipvoice.com/uconnect.htm), could the audio be the problem?

Giles

Comment

Well I've fixed it, but I'm not sure which of the 2 things I did it was.

For the record, I checked the Audio devices from the windows control panel and in a couple of places it was set to a modem rather than my audio card. and secondly I set the Mute Audio input to line-in and clicked on the mute audio output.

G

Comment

That's great to hear - I think the problem was the audio device was set to modem. THe plugin isn't setup to be able to configure (select) multiple audio devices. The modem wouldn't have multiple inputs (mic, line-in etc) like a sound card would and that would confuse the plugin. The VIOP might have caused the problem - does the VIOP still work?
                  Bryan

Comment

THX Bryan, yes Viop is fine

G

Comment

Working...
                    X