This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting Started

I gave it a shot again after a year or more, and see that it still isn't the most intuitive to get setup. Do you have a quick start guide somewhere that you can make sticky on the forum? I finally found the help file .chm in the Help directory, but when launching it I only get the menu and no page content. Is there documentation somewhere else?

For now, it is installed, but I really don't have anything setup. When going into the config screens, there were quite a few errors being reported to the HS console (pretty much every time I clicked a button).

I am sure once I look through the documentation I will be able to get 'er going.

Thanks

Jay Fro

anyone know where I can find documentation on how to set this up?

Jay Fro

Comment

If you go to interfaces, then choose hauppauge capture, and then setup, you will see a question mark in the top right corner. Clicking this should open setup instructions. At least that's what I did. Richard

Comment

Thanks.. the cursor doesn't change when hovering over the ? so I didn't know anything was behind it.

So I am setting up now, and the MS I want to use are from my security system (Napco). The Napco plugin assigned Napco Zone as the Device Type for MS and doors, etc. Anyone know if changing the device type to something else will break the Napco plugin? If not, is there anyway to use those motion sensors or am I out of luck with this plugin?

Thanks

Jay Fro

Comment

never mind.. used the zone name, and all zones get put in but I see that I just need to select the MS's out of the list. Will get to playing now!

Jay Fro

Comment

Working...
          X