X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

piii 866mhz

is a piii 866mhz fast enough of processor to use this plugin
    would a external usb tuner use less cpu than an interal pci card?

I looking for the best solution to capture and stream video from some cameras at the lowest cpu utilization on my p3 866. i certainly don't want it to effect hs light responsiveness, performance.

That's probably on the small size to run full time capturing and HS at same. Especially if you are going to use VR at all.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

thanks for info rupp. what alternative methods could I use to capture the video from my x10 cams on motion that wouldn't require a cpu/motherborad upgrade?

Comment

You know, after thinking about it I take this back. I would suggest downloading the plugin and giving it a trial. I run it on a 1 Ghz machine and it does tug on the CPU hard but it works none the less. If it doesn't work then you can explore your options but you'll never know unless you try it.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I am running the plugin on my production HS machine (hs1.7 - got to get that upgraded ) and it is a PIII 800 (dual CPU). It actually performs extreamly well but then that PC is a workstation with dual CPU's with 1/2 GB of RAM and SCSI disk drives
          Bryan
          (Config is in my profile)

Comment

cool thanks guys. I'll give it a shot. is there any particular capture cards that would tug less at the cpu or all the same? I wonder if an external device that just sends streams back over usb would use less cpu

Comment

Capture cards may have less impact on cpu useage than a USB solution. Depending on what you need to do, the old "tried and true" webcam programs might do what you want with very little standby impact on the cpu. For testing purposes, I've got four cams connected to my computer (one USB and three analog connected to a winnov card), and these are feeding three instances of webcam32 and four instances of webcam2000. Idle cpu usesage on my 633mhz computer ranges between 7% and 11%.
              Why I like my 2005 rio yellow Honda S2000 with the top down, and more!

Comment

Working...
              X