Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You don't happen to have another type of X10 interface besides the CM11 to see if that makes a difference. I too have found that unit a little flakey at times. Especially if you have batteries in it and use it for running events itself without being told by something else such as HS.

Just another possibility.

How about if HS has had similar problems with the CM11.

I used to use the CM11 but switched back to the Ocelot and all my problems went away. The only time I had good luck with the CM11 was when I ran HAL2000. It always worked without a problem.

Comment

The funny thing is that Dave doesn't see problems when HomeSeer doesn't wait for the command to be put on the powerline because the devices seem to get the commands very quickly. I wonder if there is a bug in HS 2.0 regarding waiting for the signal to get on the powerline?I use the wait option to avoid getting a black screen or snow on a picture because if the command is queued and it takes x seonds (on a busy powerline) to get the camera to turn on the plugin will likely take a bunch of pictures before the camera is actually turned on.
      Bryan
      (Config is in my profile)

Comment

All of the testing I had done previously was with commands received via a W800RF/ACRF plugin and directly via the web page. The bizzare thing is that none of the testing had ever failed or showed any delay so as Bryan saysthe command was getting to the powerline very quickly. The other thing that leads me to an HS2 specific problem is that I had exactly the same setup working under HS 1.7 and it was bomb proof and the capture plugin never reported any delays or X-10 sending problems.

I'm not sure how best to progress this with HS Tech as it looks like a very isolated problem. Unfortunately being UK 220V based I am somewhat limited as to the choice of X10 transmitter. Powerlinc don't do a European spec unit so I believe the only option is the CM12 unless anyone can suggest anything else.

Don, I will explore you suggestion regarding the Ocelot but I don't know if that unit is only 110V.

Dave

Comment

The Ocelot uses the TW523 as it's interface. Same thing for the Omni security system I have. Don't know if there is a 220 version of that device either.

About the only thing I can think of to try though.

Comment

Don,

I did some digging and there is a UK spec version of the Ocelot (it's not CE approved, but that's another matter altogether). In the UK the X10 interface is referred to as a CM10 which is essentially a CM12 without the intelligent PC interface. Combined cost for the Ocelot and interface will be about $340 which is more than I want to pay at the moment.

The thing is my X10 transmission is working fine without the wait for confirmation set. I set up 4 applicance modules within earshot of my console as they make a noticable click when triggered. I then put a script together to cycle them on and off in sequence and it must have triggered each module about 15 times and never missed a beat. I changed the script to then wait for transmission confirmation and I reckon 1 command in 3 times out.

I think there is a problem in the HS2 application at the moment.

Bryan, is there any chance you could compile a version of the plugin with the hs.ExecX10 command set to 'False' as I believe that will fix my problem in the short term whilst I progress this with HS Tech

Regards

Dave

Comment

I did some testing on my HomeSeer 2.0 and I do not get the cm11a errors. But ...

What I did was to add an option to the General tab of the configuration page so you can control if the plugin waits for the command to get on the power line. If the checkbox is unchecked, the command is queued to HomeSeer. Actually in my testing I found that even HS 1.7 starts snapping the picture in about 3 seconds after motion is detected even if it has to turn on the camera. I think I'll leave mine set to queue the commands instead of waiting

You must be running version 4.1.0 to use this partial update. To install this take down Home Seer, backup your entire HomeSeer folder with sub folders (just to be safe) and unregister these files (modify your root folder as necessary for HS 1.7 or HS2.0):

- C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\Bin\Hauppauge_Capture\CaptureUtility.exe
              - C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\Bin\Hauppauge_Capture\ImageUtility.exe
              - C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\hspi_Hauppauge_Capture.exe

There is a neat Windows Explorer right click shortcut to register and unregister files that can be found here. When asked if you want to merge this into your registry click yes or you may be asked if you want to run this file - click yes. Now you can right click on a file and select register or unregister.

Extract the files from the zip and put them in their proper folders. Register the files and bring HomeSeer back up again.
              Attached Files
              Bryan
              (Config is in my profile)

Comment

It Works .....

Bryan,

Thank you for such a fast response, it has fixed things for me. I realise I have theoretically lost an element of error checking but I now have a fully working system (or as much as you can with HS V2 ).

I appreciate the problem may have been restricted to us minority users this side of the pond but I believe the elegant way you have addressed the issue with a switchable confirmation has further advanced the usability of the plugin.

Regards

Dave

Comment

i keep getting an error message when i start hs 2.0, regarding the cm19a plug-in:

"warning get device is not reliable for device enumuerator. please use the new getdeviceneumerator method."

i would be happy to comply if i had any idea how to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by joela
                    i keep getting an error message when i start hs 2.0, regarding the cm19a plug-in:

"warning get device is not reliable for device enumuerator. please use the new getdeviceneumerator method."

i would be happy to comply if i had any idea how to do so.
                    This normally indicates that you are using a plugin that has not been updated to run on HS 2.0
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                    X