X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rupp
    replied
    Originally posted by joela
    i keep getting an error message when i start hs 2.0, regarding the cm19a plug-in:

"warning get device is not reliable for device enumuerator. please use the new getdeviceneumerator method."

i would be happy to comply if i had any idea how to do so.
    This normally indicates that you are using a plugin that has not been updated to run on HS 2.0

Leave a comment:

• joela
    replied
    i keep getting an error message when i start hs 2.0, regarding the cm19a plug-in:

"warning get device is not reliable for device enumuerator. please use the new getdeviceneumerator method."

i would be happy to comply if i had any idea how to do so.

Leave a comment:

• Fatlab
    replied
    It Works .....

Bryan,

Thank you for such a fast response, it has fixed things for me. I realise I have theoretically lost an element of error checking but I now have a fully working system (or as much as you can with HS V2 ).

I appreciate the problem may have been restricted to us minority users this side of the pond but I believe the elegant way you have addressed the issue with a switchable confirmation has further advanced the usability of the plugin.

Regards

Dave

Leave a comment:

• bmms
    replied
    I did some testing on my HomeSeer 2.0 and I do not get the cm11a errors. But ...

What I did was to add an option to the General tab of the configuration page so you can control if the plugin waits for the command to get on the power line. If the checkbox is unchecked, the command is queued to HomeSeer. Actually in my testing I found that even HS 1.7 starts snapping the picture in about 3 seconds after motion is detected even if it has to turn on the camera. I think I'll leave mine set to queue the commands instead of waiting

You must be running version 4.1.0 to use this partial update. To install this take down Home Seer, backup your entire HomeSeer folder with sub folders (just to be safe) and unregister these files (modify your root folder as necessary for HS 1.7 or HS2.0):

- C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\Bin\Hauppauge_Capture\CaptureUtility.exe
    - C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\Bin\Hauppauge_Capture\ImageUtility.exe
    - C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\hspi_Hauppauge_Capture.exe

There is a neat Windows Explorer right click shortcut to register and unregister files that can be found here. When asked if you want to merge this into your registry click yes or you may be asked if you want to run this file - click yes. Now you can right click on a file and select register or unregister.

Extract the files from the zip and put them in their proper folders. Register the files and bring HomeSeer back up again.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Fatlab
    replied
    Don,

I did some digging and there is a UK spec version of the Ocelot (it's not CE approved, but that's another matter altogether). In the UK the X10 interface is referred to as a CM10 which is essentially a CM12 without the intelligent PC interface. Combined cost for the Ocelot and interface will be about $340 which is more than I want to pay at the moment.

The thing is my X10 transmission is working fine without the wait for confirmation set. I set up 4 applicance modules within earshot of my console as they make a noticable click when triggered. I then put a script together to cycle them on and off in sequence and it must have triggered each module about 15 times and never missed a beat. I changed the script to then wait for transmission confirmation and I reckon 1 command in 3 times out.

I think there is a problem in the HS2 application at the moment.

Bryan, is there any chance you could compile a version of the plugin with the hs.ExecX10 command set to 'False' as I believe that will fix my problem in the short term whilst I progress this with HS Tech

Regards

Dave

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    The Ocelot uses the TW523 as it's interface. Same thing for the Omni security system I have. Don't know if there is a 220 version of that device either.

About the only thing I can think of to try though.

Leave a comment:

• Fatlab
    replied
    All of the testing I had done previously was with commands received via a W800RF/ACRF plugin and directly via the web page. The bizzare thing is that none of the testing had ever failed or showed any delay so as Bryan saysthe command was getting to the powerline very quickly. The other thing that leads me to an HS2 specific problem is that I had exactly the same setup working under HS 1.7 and it was bomb proof and the capture plugin never reported any delays or X-10 sending problems.

I'm not sure how best to progress this with HS Tech as it looks like a very isolated problem. Unfortunately being UK 220V based I am somewhat limited as to the choice of X10 transmitter. Powerlinc don't do a European spec unit so I believe the only option is the CM12 unless anyone can suggest anything else.

Don, I will explore you suggestion regarding the Ocelot but I don't know if that unit is only 110V.

Dave

Leave a comment:

• bmms
    replied
    The funny thing is that Dave doesn't see problems when HomeSeer doesn't wait for the command to be put on the powerline because the devices seem to get the commands very quickly. I wonder if there is a bug in HS 2.0 regarding waiting for the signal to get on the powerline?I use the wait option to avoid getting a black screen or snow on a picture because if the command is queued and it takes x seonds (on a busy powerline) to get the camera to turn on the plugin will likely take a bunch of pictures before the camera is actually turned on.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    You don't happen to have another type of X10 interface besides the CM11 to see if that makes a difference. I too have found that unit a little flakey at times. Especially if you have batteries in it and use it for running events itself without being told by something else such as HS.

Just another possibility.

How about if HS has had similar problems with the CM11.

I used to use the CM11 but switched back to the Ocelot and all my problems went away. The only time I had good luck with the CM11 was when I ran HAL2000. It always worked without a problem.

Leave a comment:

• Fatlab
    replied
    Bryan,

You are right, after putting a test script together it generated the following log entries.

05/03/2006 17:59:07 - Info - Event Trigger "CM12 Test Script"
    05/03/2006 17:59:07 - Info - Running script in background: CM12Test.txt
    05/03/2006 17:59:07 - Debug - Sending ON Command to C4
    05/03/2006 17:59:08 - Debug - Control returned, sending OFF
    05/03/2006 17:59:09 - Debug - Control returned, sending ON
    05/03/2006 17:59:11 - CM11A - Unable to send to CM11A/CM12U
    05/03/2006 17:59:11 - Debug - Control returned, sending OFF
    05/03/2006 17:59:59 - CM11A - Unable to send to CM11A/CM12U
    05/03/2006 17:59:59 - Debug - Control Returned, end of script
    05/03/2006 18:00:00 - Info - Event Trigger "HSTVSetDevices"
    05/03/2006 18:00:00 - Info - Running script in background: HSTvSetDevices.txt
    05/03/2006 18:00:26 - Info - Event Trigger "CM12 Test Script"
    05/03/2006 18:00:26 - Info - Running script in background: CM12Test.txt
    05/03/2006 18:00:26 - Debug - Sending ON Command to C4
    05/03/2006 18:01:07 - Debug - Control returned, sending OFF
    05/03/2006 18:01:25 - CM11A - Unable to send to CM11A/CM12U
    05/03/2006 18:01:25 - Debug - Control returned, sending ON
    05/03/2006 18:02:11 - Debug - Control returned, sending OFF
    05/03/2006 18:02:13 - Debug - Control Returned, end of script
    I reckon as your plugin is the only one I use which actually waits for confirmation of transmission, it's why I have never seen the message before. I guess I will have to look at debugging my X10/powerline interface now.

Regards

Dave
    Last edited by Fatlab; March 5th, 2006, 12:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bmms
    replied
    I'm not sure what to tell you Dave. When a camera is required to be turned on, the plugin makes the request to HomeSeer to turn on the camera, so HomeSeer is sending out the X10 commands, not the plugin. That error you are seeing "Unable to send to CM11A/CM12U' is coming from HomeSeer, not the plugin. By the elapsed time period in your example, three seconds had passed. It is difficult to tell if that error is even as a result of the camera switching because any request to turn any device on or off can result in that error being displayed.

Lets see if we can figure out what is causing your issues ... some experimenting ... One thing the plugin does do is that when it requests HomeSeer to send out an X10 command the request is made to wait until a good signal is sent on the power line. The plugin uses the ExecX10 function like this "hs.ExecX10 "B2","ON", 0, 0, True". Try using this function in a script to turn some sevices on and off and see what happens.

The other question I have for you is how long of a delay is there from the time you request a device to turn on and when it actually turns on? Try this from the HomeSeer device panel, one of your hand held remotes and from a script using the ExecX10 function using the wait parameter (True as the last parameter).

I frequently see those errors in my log even if there is no camera activity. Often in my installation, they don't clear themselves up and I have to intervene by having an X10 command sent on the power line from some other device. This is usually caused by my flakey X10 cm11a (as a lot of them are).

Leave a comment:

• Fatlab
    replied
    Bryan,

I have it configured as you suggested with the X-10 option disabled for the plug-in within the interfaces screen. I have also set all the PSU types to non standard and the same problem is happening.

03/03/2006 09:07:48 - Hauppauge Captu - camera_switch - Found our camera that should be turned on C1 Study Camera

03/03/2006 09:07:51 - CM11A - Unable to send to CM11A/CM12U

03/03/2006 09:07:51 - CaptureUtility - Switching to camera Study Camera
    03/03/2006 09:07:51 - CaptureUtility - Entered ResetCameraConfig() for camera Study Camera Not Streaming - Snap in progress False - Capture filter enabled False
    For some reason the plug in is failing to call the X-10 switching routine. As shown in the other posts I can send X-10 commands via the ACRF plugin onto the power line via the CM12U, directly from Homeseer webpage or by events/scripts without problems.

It's only the switching routine that is failing. I don't profess to understand how the coding/scripting of plug-ins work but it appears to hang Homeseer for up to a minute then any other queued commands are processed.

I'd really like to get this sorted as it is a show stopper for the plug-in so any help would be appreciated.

Dave

Leave a comment:

• bmms
    replied
    Well they way the normal X10 camera's work is in groups of 4 and I believe that the Ninja's work the same. Unit codes are grouped by 1-4, 5-8, 9-12 and 13-16. For example if the cameras are on house code C and an X10 command to turn on C1 is sent, X10 camera's C2, 3 and 4 would automatically turn off if they were on.

Now in your case you have C1 and C2 as Ninja controllers, and C3 is set as a non-standard camera in the plugin. What happens when the plugin needs to turn on C1 it checks to see if any other camera is on. If C2 is on it is ignored because it should turn off automatically when it 'sees' the on command for C1. If C3 was on however, the plugin firsts send an off command for C3 then sends the on command for C1.
    If an on command is sent for C3 then C1 and C2 will automatically be turned off when they 'see' the C3 on command.

I only have one Ninja so I can't test this. Maybe Don knows since he has three Ninja's set up now. If you find one of the Ninja camera's isn't automatically turning off, then just tell the plugin it is a non-standard camera and it will sent the required off command if it is on.

The X10 interface must not be turned on for this plugin as it only listens to X10 commands. The plugin uses HomeSeer to do the sending of X10 commands. This option was not available for 1.7 but it is available for 2.0.

Does this answer you questions Dave?

Leave a comment:

• Fatlab
    replied
    Bryan,

Any chance you can give me an update on how the X10 element of the capture plugin should be configured in the context of the earlier posts?

Dave

Leave a comment:

• Fatlab
    replied
    Don,

Unfortunately I have two X10 cameras with pan tilt units and one wired camera setup with a non-standard power supply in the Hauppauge Capture plug in.

I have been doing some debugging by plugging the 2 X10 Ninja supplies and an appliance module set to the same house code so I have C1 & C2 for the cameras and C3 for the module and I have been seeing inconsistencies in the switching. I have not confirmed it yet but I may have a dud Ninja power supply.

Can someone confirm how the camera supplies should function if they are C1 & C2 respectively and I send an X10 command of C3 ON over the power line?

I'm assuming that the camera PSU's should shut down as they have received a Housecode ON which was not explicitly for their Unit no.

EDIT:
    I've just noticed in the HS2 Interfaces page that there is an option to Enable an X-10 interface on the Hauppage Capture Plugin line. When I did this it gave an error message in HS2 log and disabled my existing CM11/CM12U interface even though it correctly identified the Comm port.

I tried running with the X-10 interface enabled in the plugin but nothing was being passed onto the power line even though it removed the CM11 error message and didnt freeze. This item isn't documented in the help file which still relates to HS V1.x so could some one give me a clue as to how the interface section needs to be configured?

Regards

Dave
    Last edited by Fatlab; February 25th, 2006, 09:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X