This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What hardware is supported?

What video hardware with multi-camera inputs does this plug-in support? Geovision GV-1240? http://www.geovision.com.tw/english/...t/GV-Combo.htm

Where can I find a description of the plug-in's functionality/screen shots?

Thanks!

It appears this card uses MPG hardware encoding and as such will not provide AVI capturing and streaming functionality. It should be able to capture stills (if it used WDM/DirectX drivers) but without actually having this card to test with, I'm not sure how the camera switching would function given the number of input channels.

I attempted to post the help file for the plugin to this forum but it is too large for the boards upload limit. The way you can get the help file is to download the installation zip file and extract the help file (the one with .chm extension). You could also email me and I could email you the help file.
    Bryan
    (Config is in my profile)

Comment

Does it support streaming on any multi input cards?
      Run on HS2.1?

Comment

It will stream for any card that uses WDM/DirectX drivers and does NOT do hardware MPG encoding.
        Bryan

Comment

hauppauge pvr-card

Im about to buy a hauppauge tv card that support this plugin. Most of the cards today use hardware encoding, so my question is: Can a card that have hardware encoding also support wdm/directX?

If you have a list of "supported hauppauge cards", please share it.

Comment

I am looking for a list also...

I want to add 8 cameras total. Is there a board that supports 8? or can I add two 4 port boards.

I want to be able to stream video.

Anyone point me to a board that can do what I need and work with this plugin?

Thanks

Comment

There are a lot of cards out there that have MPG hardware encoding and the vast majority of them use WDM/DirectX drivers. Currently those cards do not support streaming or AVI captures with my plugin but I'm looking into this again.

The plugin will only support 1 capture device at a time in a system. A future release may support multiple cards simultaneously but that is likely a ways off.
              Bryan

Comment

Working...
              X