This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hauppauge With HomeSeer 2.1

Is anyone using Hauppauge with HomeSeer 2.1? If yes, could you please explain how to get to the Config tab to set it up?

I go to the Setup/Interfaces screen but when I click on the Config highlight nothing happens. The HomeSeer log shows that it has issued a call to Hauppauge.

Thank you.

Randy

Randy,
    First off make sure you are on the HS server and not on a separate piece of hardware visiting the HS Server. Also check behind the HS web interface and see if the form is displayed there.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp,

Thanks for the response but I am afraid that you are assuming my HomeSeer knowledge is much greater than it is.

I am on the PC that has HomeSeer loaded and I am in the HomeSeer program.

I go to the HS Setup page then to Interfaces. Hauppauge Capture is listed there and on the right column it says the interface is OK.

I then click on the yellow Config tab to set things up and nothing happens.

Randy

Comment

Randy,

I don't know about the Haupauge...

But if it like the ACRF or MCSMotion Plugins...

Hit the config button...

Then minimize the H.S. window... the New Window for the Setup/Config is "Behind" the H.S. window...

This may or may not help... i hope it does.

Andrew
        Regards,

Andrew B.

Comment

If you are running HS as a service it may not work as well. Also check the HS log file and make sure there are no errors.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Andrew, I restarted the computer and began HS and went to Setup/Interfaces and clicked the Config tab. No other windows were opened.

Rupp, Here is the last message I get from the log
            <TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>12/17/2006 3:03:30 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>ConfigIO </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Calling ConfigIO for Hauppauge Capture</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

It seems like HS calls ConfigIO but there is no response and there appears to be no timeout error since nothing more happens.

Maybe I am missing something! Any ideas? Thank you.

Randy

Comment

WinTVOCX

I don't think that Brian's hauppauge plugin installs the WinTV.ocx. (maybe it does).
              But check to see that you have the WinTVOCX software on your HS computer. It is available from the Hauppauge website.
              Just having the WinTV card drivers and TV Application software won't do it.
              ....JG
              3.0.0.548: HS3PRO - 3.0.5.10: AIAlert - 2.1.1.0: APIWeather - 2.0.64.0: BLBackup - 2.0.45.0: BLLAN - 2.0.37.0: BLRoombaWifi - 1.0.0.3: DevLog - 1.2.5.15: KeyPad - 3.0.2.25: NetCAM - 0.0.0.52: Pushover 3P - 3.0.0.5: SendVFD - 1.0.0.3: Tiles - 3.0.11.0: Z-Wave

Comment

JG,

I did not have WinTV.ocx. Went to the Hauppauge site and grabbed one of the WinTV downloads for the 878 card. Made a difference but now a different error. Here is the log I got this time.

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>12/17/2006 5:20:16 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>ConfigIO </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Calling ConfigIO for Hauppauge Capture</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>12/17/2006 5:20:16 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Hauppauge Capture Error </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>An unexpected error occured in the Form_Load(70) function/subroutine: [9 - Subscript out of range]

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
                Maybe I can find a different driver. At least it is something to try.

Randy

Comment

VFW or WDM

Which Hauppauge WinTV card driver are you using. Video for Windows or Windows Driver Module?
                  From the help file for Hauppauge Capture with HS2 it says:
                  ____________________________________________________________ ________
                  The Hauppauge Capture plugin was originally designed to function with only a Hauppauge capture card. As of version 3, this restriction has been removed and it will now function with any WDM/DirectX capture device.

This plugin requires that a capture device with WDM/DirectX drivers be installed in your PC.

If streaming operation is desired, Microsoft Windows Media Encoder Version 9 is required and available from the Microsoft web site. Please note system requirements for the Microsoft Windows Media Encoder. Clients connecting to the stream must have Windows Media Player version 9 installed on the PC.
                  ____________________________________________________________ _________

....JG
                  3.0.0.548: HS3PRO - 3.0.5.10: AIAlert - 2.1.1.0: APIWeather - 2.0.64.0: BLBackup - 2.0.45.0: BLLAN - 2.0.37.0: BLRoombaWifi - 1.0.0.3: DevLog - 1.2.5.15: KeyPad - 3.0.2.25: NetCAM - 0.0.0.52: Pushover 3P - 3.0.0.5: SendVFD - 1.0.0.3: Tiles - 3.0.11.0: Z-Wave

Comment

JG,

I have loaded the Windows stuff. My problem may be that I have a mish/mash of equipment. I am not sure where I got the capture card or even what were the original drivers. Dome camera comes from China. Driveway camera comes from eBay, a bunch of X10 stuff and an Ademco system that I installed a few years ago. May make sense to trash some of my stuff and replace it with things that are more compatable. But as I think about it, I am not sure how to do that!!! Time for a beer or 6!

Thank you to everyone for your help.

Randy

Comment

Device Manager

If you look in Device Manager under Sound, Video and Game Controllers, you may be able to determine what card you have. Google the card type for WDM drivers and you can probably get it to work. You might want to uninstall that WinTVOCX software first.
                      ....JG

Comment

Sometimes the config screen will appear behind the HS window. Drag the HS windows out of the way and see if the config screen is behid it.
                        Bryan
                        (Config is in my profile)

Comment

Brian,

Currently I am getting an error message when HS makes the Hauppauge I/O call but prior to getting the error message HS would make the Hauppauge I/O call and nothing happened. No other pages showed up behind the HS page.

I will replace my capture board just as soon as I can decide which capture board I should get. I am wanting to bring in and capture a few seconds of video from any of several cameras based upon a trigger. I would also like to select and view one or more of the cameras on demand.

Any suggestions on a good capture board to do this?

Randy

Comment

Do you have multiple capture devices appearing in the device manager? I've seen that happen with some drivers. Which Hauppauge card are you using? I may have an older driver that works properly with it.
                            Bryan
                            (Config is in my profile)

Comment

Working...
                            X