This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I do this? Pic Slide Show and Camera Viewer

I just purchased this TV & monitor and would like to use the monitor to display one of six outdoor cameras I have. The cameras are all fed into modulators and each camera has a PIR next to it. Basically when the PIR detects motion, my Stargate HA controller can execute code that will set flags in HS. If I use the Hauppauge plugin and my WinTV PVR 250 card , can I use this combination to switch between camera channels 70 - 80 then output the video from the WinTV PVR 250 card to my TV monitor?
    Basically modulated live camera video is switched by the WinTV card and played out of the card's output. It doesn't matter if the output is RF cable or S-Video as the TV monitor can handle both including composit video.

In addition, between camera viewing I want a picture slideshow to run.

Basically, I can set device states in HS from my Stargate. I would like scripting in HS to change the channel on the WinTV card so the input channel's video is routed back out of the card for viewing on the TV monitor. I can use timers to set then reset device states so after a camera is activated and routed to my TV monitor, say 60 seconds passes then HS switches to a slide show mode so I can see rotating pictures on the TV monitor.
    Kind of like a slide show picture frame that switches to a camera view when that camera's PIR detects motion.

I would not want to view the slide show or camera's view on the HS computer monitor, just on the output of the WinTV card into my TV monitor if possible.

In addition to the WinTV PVR 250 card I have an ATI TV Wonder AND an ATI HDTV Wonder cards. I can use any of them if one will provide the solution I am looking for.

Make any sense at all?
    Will I need multiple plugins?
    In addition, I do have IR control through my Stargate so I can use IR to switch the TV monitor between its inputs or send those IR signals to HS through a IR receiver.

Ideas?

Thank you!

-Kevin

If setting the flags in HS causes an event to fire or an X10 received action, the plugin can be used to switch cameras (change TV tuner channel on the PCR card) and the fact that you have the TV out on your PVR card connected to the TV monitor it will display the image on your TV monitor.

I'm not too sure just how to go about having a slide show displayed on the TV monitor when a camera is not active. Maybe someone else has an idea on that one.
    Bryan
    (Config is in my profile)

Comment

Originally posted by bmms View Post
      If setting the flags in HS causes an event to fire or an X10 received action, the plugin can be used to switch cameras (change TV tuner channel on the PCR card) and the fact that you have the TV out on your PVR card connected to the TV monitor it will display the image on your TV monitor.

I'm not too sure just how to go about having a slide show displayed on the TV monitor when a camera is not active. Maybe someone else has an idea on that one.

Thank you for the reply.
      Here is what I have come up with:

My six cameras are fed into two RF modulators. Their associated composit video is modulated onto CableTV channels 70 through 80 with one channel between each active channel.

I can use the my PIR's to activate code in my Stargate that will run the IR sequence to change the TV to the RF (cable) input then change it to the appropriate channel: I.E. camera one on channel 70.

I purchased a Hauppauge MediaMVP device that will run the picture slide shows for me and have it connected to the S-video input on the TV.

I will use my IR distribution system to feed the IR signals to the TV and timers to sequence between the TV inputs, change channels when needed, and after a timer expires, change the input back to the S-Video to continue the slide show. Essentially the slide show will run continuously and the TV will switch to camera view when a PIR detects motion.

Should work and I will report my results back here.

Comment

Working...
      X