Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just unzip them into your scripts folder.
    Bryan
    (Config is in my profile)

Comment

This is sweeeet

Bryan

Just a note of how well things are working. Great! Have 3 cameras so far, modulated on CH 14, 16 and 18 feeding my Hauppauge tuner card. These are triggered through various sensors tied into HS.

Problem now is to find decent cameras for a fair price. Still searching.

Best $40 I've spent for a plug-in.

Thanks

Randy

Comment

Glad to hear it is all working for you Randy. When you get by the setup it does work quite well ... well for the majority of the time. After all, we are using Windows
        Bryan

Comment

Upgrade web pages??

Bryan

No expert here but how would one go about upgrading the web pages for live video?

On a LAN computer I can log into HS, when I click Live Video I get errors such as HS can't load files. WMP 9 is displayed which doesn't work but I can start/stop streaming, change channels etc. Then I have to open WMP 11,ctrl u and then connect to the stream.

Any chance this will be cleared up or am I on my own?

Randy

Comment

Can you give a list of some of the errors you are getting? It would point me to what is not set up properly. Likely just a setup problem.
            Bryan

Comment

Here are 2

Hi Bryan

Here's two errors that are displayed on a remote computer connecting to the HS web server.

8/1/2007 8:28:04 PM ~!~Web Server Error 404~!~Cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html\/includes/style.asp
              8/1/2007 8:28:04 PM ~!~Web Server Error 404~!~Cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html\/includes/header.asp

These are in my \includes directory. I've just noticed the "/ \" in the log.

I would assume that the WMP player doesn't work because I don't have WMP 9 on the computer. MS says WMP 9 is not for XP.

Another thing I have found out is DON'T load LogiTech's USB webcam drivers, it kills the feed to your plug-in for some reason. Although I was able to select that as the feed to the plug-in and see the USB cam's image, they both can't function at the same time.

Randy

Comment

I think I made a bit of a mistook on a previous post. You should have unzipped the files to the includes folder, not the scripts folder.

I run WMP 11 on my system and it still works.

I'm not sure about the drivers for your LogiTech's USB webcam but it is a good point to note.
                Bryan

Comment

Getting There

I created a new folder - HomeSeer 2\html\includes and put the style & header asp files there.

The web page now opens as you show in your help files. Ok, one down.

The WMP section does not show video when I start streaming, still can't figure out why. I can open WMP 11, ctrl u to 192.168.1.200:xxxx streaming port and see the camera feed.

I get these 2 errors in the log file with x being my streaming port.

8/14/2007 7:47:32 PM - Error - Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html/:xxxx

8/14/2007 7:52:02 PM - Error - Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html/:xxxx:xxxx

I did notice in the WMP properties it is looking for 192.168.1.200:yyyy:xxxx. Don't know if that helps any but I am still working on it.

Randy

Comment

Originally posted by rje View Post
                    Hello

Using HS 2.2.0.11 and Hauppauge 4.1.2 and I cannot get past setting up devices and cameras. I've read all I can find, gone through the threads and no matter what I do I can't get Hauppauge plug-in to see them.

I'm assuming I have to create a new device TYPES under setup so I created Motion MS and Camera MS. I then created 2 new devices called Computer Motion with device type set to Motion MS and Computer Camera with device type set to Camera MS.

I have tried many variations of the identifier in the plug-in, such as spaceMS, " MS" etc. with no luck.

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks

Randy
                    Hey Randy,

If you are still on this board, can you let me know if this was the correct procedure to follow? In the rest of the thread you mentioned you got it working but I noticed you tried a whole bunch of other things in the process. How did you figure out exactly what to do? Can you provide me with some guidance since I am in almost the exact same boat you were in when you posted this message (in terms of experience, things we tried to get things working, etc).

Thanks!
                    Ken

Comment

Working...
                    X