X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bmms
    replied
    Yes it does support the TV tuner. You can change the channel remotely via the stream asp web page. I have one user that watches his TV at his cottage from his home.

The way this is done is to configure a camera (I know it's not a camera but...) and you just select that camera and start streaming to watch TV.

Leave a comment:

• Wadenut
    replied
    Just wondering, before I move my Hauppauge WinTV card from another computer to the HS machine, whether or not the plugin now supports or ever will support the TV Tuner. I'm looking for the ability to select channels via the plugin externally via script or another plugin, namely HSTV.

Leave a comment:

• bmms
    replied
    Yes you have it right

Leave a comment:

• simonmason
    replied
    So even with three inputs on the hardware I can only view one camera simultaneously on a web page (unless I use a combiner or something before it gets to the capture card)? If so, then it would seem that a single input capture card would be just fine.

Leave a comment:

• bmms
    replied
    That really depends on how you are connecting your cameras. If you have a multi channel modulator then a single input would suffice. Having multiple inputs on the capture card is only an advantage if you have say three cameras each hard wired into each of the cards inputs. You can only view one camera at a time unless you have some other hardware device that combines the signals.

Leave a comment:

• simonmason
    replied
    So if I understand this correctly, having a capture card with more than one input does not offer any advantages over a capture card with a single input?

Leave a comment:

• bmms
    replied
    You mentioned that you could "remotely control what appears on each window". The way the drivers work it that only one input can be active at once so you can only have one window open. You can however, remotely control which input is selected so you can change which camera is displayed.

Leave a comment:

• simonmason
    replied
    Great, Newegg had the 558 for $43 so I am going to go with that one. Having the three inputs will be more fun as I can run them from my Xantech ZPR-68 and remotely control what appears on each window. I will look forward to downloading and installing the plugin when the card comes. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• bmms
    replied
    Yes - you are right x10joe ... I forgot but used one of those cards (actually still have it kicking around somewhere) for a number of years until I upgraded to one with a TV tuner in it. This card has 3 AV inputs on it.

p.s. I did a quick eBay search and this card also looks like it should work:
    Ebay Item
    or this one .... Another eBay item
    Last edited by bmms; March 17th, 2008, 08:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• X10joe
    replied
    Try this card

Hi,

I have been using this Hauppauge card for 10 years. Model 558. They are affordable, have three inputs and almost any video capture/streaming software works with it.

Here is a link http://www.hauppauge.com/site/produc...impactvcb.html

Leave a comment:

• bmms
    replied
    Without tearing my server apart, I don't know the model of the WinTV card I have. I do know that it is a PCI card that uses the 848/9 chip set WDM drivers from Hauppauge.

Any else out there that has a make/model of a capture card/device that works with streaming and AVI captures?

Leave a comment:

• simonmason
    replied
    Well I also dug into the description a little further and noticed it was a PCI-E board, so that won't work! My HomeSeer server only has PCI and AGP. Can you post the model number of the WinTV card that you have working or one that you believe will work. I found a couple of Hauppage cards around the $50-60 mark but it is very difficult to decipher the specifications to figure out which one might/will work. I want to order something that I know works. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• bmms
    replied
    It appears I may have misspoke about the WinTV-HVR-1250 card you were thinking about getting. After really reading about it at the Hauppauge site, it uses a software encoder (SoftPVR) to record MPEG2 recordings and it does support AVI recording using DivX encoders. So it looks like it should work. Of course since I don't have one of those cards, I can't guarantee it but it sure looks like it should work.

Leave a comment:

• simonmason
    replied
    Can you provide a recommendation on a card that would support streaming video? Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• bmms
    replied
    It appears that this card would for capturing stills. Since it uses hardware MPEG encoding it may or may not work with streaming and AVI captures. If you have a way to switch camera's already with scripts it would be reasonably simple to have buttons on your web page that run HS events to switch cameras that could also snap pictures. All the ASP pages supplied with the plugin are fully customizable.

As far as detecting motion, this plugin is designed to use the X10 motion sensors that are fully integrated into the plugin. This plugin does not detect motion in the images to snap pictures. I am not familar with HStouch so I can't offer an opinion on that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X