This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just registered - what next!

I just downloaded and installed the plugin, registered it, but can't figure out how to configure it. I have poked around in the Hauppage Capture menu HomeSeer but I am having no success. I have my cameras plugged into the composite video input of my Hauppauge capture card. Can someone give me quick 1-2-3 steps on how to get my camera up and running. Also, the only documentation I found is old, is there something newer? Thanks.

If you click the question mark on the configuration page, it brings up a help screen.

Give that a read and if you have qustion just fire away.
    Bryan
    (Config is in my profile)

Comment

I did get this far - but I got bogged down in motion capture and all sorts of stuff that I am not looking to use right now. I have all of my security cameras feeding through the Hauppauge capture card I just installed (one of the models recommended on eBay from the working cameras thread).

All I want to do right now is get the web pages running so I can view the cameras in streaming format. I then want to embed the feed in my touchscreen setup - I am using Jon00 touchscreen.

Assuming I have one camera attached to the composite video in on the Hauppauge card - what do I need to do to get it to display on a web page within HomeSeer?

Comment

Ok even if you don't have any motion sensors or any other devices that detect a security issue (I would have used the term "security event" but that might confuse people with a HS event), you'll then need to set up a dummy motion sensor to satisfy the plugin that you have one (even though you don't). Create this device with a device type of "Motion Sensor" on an unused house/unit code. Create a camera device using another house/unit code and give it a device type of "Camera". After you create these devices restart HomeSeer. You'll need a motion sensor device in HS (even if it a fake one) for each camera you are using and you'll need one camera device in HS. This plugin was designed to use motion senors or other devices that can detect a security event, turn on a camera (by selecting it or actually turning it on) and then snapping images and/or capturing AVI's. That being said, you can still use this plugin to control cameras via scripts or events in HS by running or executing via a web page.

In the Hauppauge Configuration (CapConfig) screen (most of the fields have hover tooltips):
        When you initialize the plugin, in the general tab, enter "Motion Sensor" as the MS Identifier (for the motion sensor). Then in the drop down list for the camera device type select "Camera".

Now go to the Security Zones tab and the motion sensor you added above will appear as an available security zone. Select it and then Add it to the Active security zone.

Now go to the Camera Zone Assignments tab and select the security zone (one the left) for the fake motion sensor. Select the camera on the right and then click the assign button.

Go to the General tab enter/ select the capture card and other information for the card. Enter/select information required for streaming.

Go to the Camera/AVI settings tab select the camera and enter information required for personalizing the camera. The image capture and AVI capture folders must be in the HTML folder under HomeSeer. I use color format of RGB24.

Now when you view the supplied web pages you should be able turn on the camera (select it) and stream to it as well as capture still images (2 different web pages).
        Bryan

Comment

Thanks, everything working (so far) except streaming. Taking snapshots manually using the button on the web page does indeed take pictures from the camera feed. I have installed the Windows Media Encoder but I have not done anything with it. Am I supposed to have it running? Should I configure it? What are the simplest settings required in order to get streaming working? Thanks.

Comment

Progress ...
            When you start streaming are there any error messages displayed. I'm assuming not or you would have said so. Media player encoder does not need to be running as the plugin starts it on demand and I never did any specific configuration on it.

You do need to make sure you set the streaming properties properly for streaming to work. On the LiveView web page does the camera show as active?

If you want you can email me your hspi_Hauppauge_capture,ini settings file and I can look to see if everything is set up ok.
            Bryan

Comment

You are correct, I am not getting any error messages. I get the media player window and it says connecting, then it says Ready. But nothing shows.

It says the following:

Streaming is On - Active Camera is Hauppauge Capture Hauppauge Camera

Here is my ini file:

[ZoneCameraAssmts]
              Hauppauge Capture Main Alarm=Main Alarm~~False~0
              Hauppauge Capture Hauppauge Motion=Hauppauge Capture Hauppauge Motion Alarm~Hauppauge Capture Hauppauge Camera~False~0
              [Settings]
              BaseCode=\
              CaptureCardCount=1
              CaptureCard=0
              AudioMuteLine=12
              AudioMute=False
              AudioInput=5
              VideoCodec=0
              AudioCodec=0
              AutoCameraOff=0
              VideoSize=0
              VideoSizeW=320
              VideoSizeH=240
              AVISize=0
              AVISizeW=320
              AVISizeH=240
              StatusFailSafe=60
              CapUtilResetCount=20
              ImageUtilResetCount=50
              DelayAfterConnect=300
              FontSize=10
              NameLoc=0
              DateLoc=2
              TimeLoc=8
              StreamingProfile=6
              TextColor=blue
              BGColor=white
              TextOpacity=50
              BGOpacity=30
              CameraDeviceType=Camera
              MSDevType="Motion Sensor"
              DevCount=2
              MsBetweenImages=1000
              JPGQuality=80
              VideoFormat=1
              Width=640
              Height=480
              AVIWidth=320
              AVIHeight=240
              AutoOffStreamingMinutes=5
              AutoStartStream=True
              WaitForX10Confirmation=True
              PreCaptureType=
              PostCaptureType=
              NinjaEventGroup=Ninja
              [Options]
              MsgLevel=1
              [Stream]
              LastPortNbr=2407
              LastStreamSite=http://homeseer.themasons.net
              LocalStreamSite=http://192.168.1.155
              [CameraSettings]
              Default Camera Settings=0~4~5000~5000~5000~5000~C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html\Capture\~Frame~1000~500~1~0~0~5000~5000~5000~5000~0~1 5~15~AVI~C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html\AVI\~50~1~1~1~True~0~0~1~1000~80~False
              Hauppauge Capture Hauppauge Camera=2~4~5000~5000~5000~5000~C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html\Capture\~Hauppauge Capture Hauppauge Camera~1000~500~1~0~0~5000~5000~5000~5000~5000~15~15~Hauppau ge Capture Hauppauge Camera~C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html\AVI\~50~1~1~~1~0~0~1~1000~80~0
              [Thumbs]
              DelaySeconds=0
              SnapImageCnt=1
              AVISeconds=-1
              ForceCameraOn=False
              LastImageName=C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html\Capture\Hauppauge Capture Hauppauge Camera_2008-03-30_14-41-17.jpg
              Width=200
              Height=200
              Quality=75
              PageSize=8
              Columns=4
              ShowFilenames=False
              LastCapFolderFile=C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html\Capture\*
              ForDays=0
              FromHour=14
              NameLoc=0
              DateLoc=3
              TimeLoc=6
              FontSize=8
              LastCapFolderFileAVI=C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html\AVI\*

Comment

How are you accessing your HS web page? If you are accessing it using http://homeseer.themasons.net then it will be going out your firewall to the Internet and then back into your internal network. You'll have forward TCP traffic on port 2407 on your router to the HS server so it gets it.

You can also test it by using http://localhost:XXXX (using XXXX if you are using a nonstandard port for your HS server). Then the TCP traffic is all internal and the streaming will use http://192.168.1.155:2407 for streaming traffic.
                Bryan

Comment

I have the firewall configured for this port. However, I cannot access the stream when I use the internal IP and port number. I should point out that I am running the HomeSeer web service on port 81 - this is to avoid a conflict with my Apache server running on another machine within my home network. I wonder if this is creating a problem here?

Comment

Can you try and start streaming (from the web page or from the preview page) and then fire up Windows Media Player --> hit Ctrl U and enter the streaming IP address and port like "http://192.168.1.50:2407" Does it behave like the embedded streaming control?
                    Bryan

Comment

I don't seem to get anything on port 2407. I have tried through the browser and through Media Player. I have tried on the machine running HomeSeer. When I pick the streaming page I get messages in HomeSeer that Streaming has started but get nothing. I am not running any firewall and the port is opened and directed at this machine - I know that my port redirection is working because it is set up the same way as port 81 which I use for the web server. It appears that it is not actually streaming. How can I check to see if the plugin is initiating the media encoder correctly? Thanks.

Comment

Can I see a screen capture of the capconfig page in the general tab and another capture of the camera/avi tab with your camera selected? I think you said you have WMP 11 installed. What version of DirectX is installed?
                        Bryan

Comment

The screen shots are below. On my HomeSeer machine I have Windows Media Encoder 9, WMP 9, Directx 9. On my playing machine I have WMP 11, Directx 9.

Comment

Can I get you to try changing the streaming profile to one that is using 256K and then try streaming from the HS server itself.

All your settings seem fine so it should work. I'm going to do some googling on the DirectX streaming engine to see if there is some way to test it. It should be working based on what you have described.
                            Bryan

Comment

Same thing happens. It appears to be connecting, then after a few seconds the page refreshes, and it shows connecting again. Then it shows Ready but there is nothing in the window. I tried the Start Streaming link but it does the same thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X