Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Accessing streaming camera image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accessing streaming camera image

I am trying to access my cameras through MainLobby. I have the streaming set to port 2407. This works fine when I navigate through the homeseer menus to the Stream option. However, I just get blank screens when I access http://mypc:2407. I have tried this using the internal IP address and external host name (trying to eliminate the firewall which does have 2407 forwarded). What do I have to put into the browser to go straight to the streaming image? Thanks.

I am guessing you are trying to stream the video from another source (not ML) eh?

I believe...and its been a while but you will need to set up a reverse proxy or stream it from the source to see your video outside of your network. IE: set up your firewall to pass your video stream outside of your home network.

Another thing you could try is installing a network camera capture program on your ML server which will live capture/stream network video. This way the source video IP would be the same as your ML server IP?
    Last edited by Pete; October 24th, 2009, 04:53 PM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.8X
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.8X
    HS4 pro - 4.0.3.0 - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono 6.8X

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

I can access my homeseer web site just fine inside and outside the home. I have port 2407 forwarded to the homeseer server. This doesn't explain why I can't access the streaming video from within the home using internal ids?

For example, my homeseer server is 192.168.1.155

Shouldn't I be able to see the streaming video on:

http://192.168.1.155:2407?

When I plug this URL into Windows Media Player it works fine - but I get nothing when I plug this into IE.

Obviously I am missing some required syntax to display the video window on an IE page.

Comment

So is your video source the same IP as your HS or ML Box or is it a different IP?
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.8X
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.8X
        HS4 pro - 4.0.3.0 - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono 6.8X

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

It is the same IP.

Comment

If you can see it with WMP then your should also see it in IE. Does it show a box or give you a codec error? Try running same with Firefox.
            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

This does not work because the URL you are giving IE is a streaming address - not a web page. If you direct ML to a web page containing the Media Player ActiveX control that directs the stream to "http://192.168.1.155:2407?" it will work.

Originally posted by simonmason View Post
              I can access my homeseer web site just fine inside and outside the home. I have port 2407 forwarded to the homeseer server. This doesn't explain why I can't access the streaming video from within the home using internal ids?

For example, my homeseer server is 192.168.1.155

Shouldn't I be able to see the streaming video on:

http://192.168.1.155:2407?

When I plug this URL into Windows Media Player it works fine - but I get nothing when I plug this into IE.

Obviously I am missing some required syntax to display the video window on an IE page.
              Bryan
              (Config is in my profile)

Comment

Working...
              X