Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Error while taking picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error while taking picture

I am getting this error periodically. I have a script that takes five pictures in a row - one from each camera and I see this crop up every now and then?

10/27/2009 6:19:51 PM - Hauppauge Capture - An unexpected error occured in the TakePicture(490) function/subroutine: [429 - ActiveX component can't create object]

How much of delay do you have between the image captures? The Capture Utility runs on a separate thread so this error may be a result of trying to capture images too quickly. I have not seen that error on my system (see others but not that one). I pause for 1 second between image captures - but that is on the same camera.
    Bryan
    (Config is in my profile)

Comment

I only have one input on my capture card so I am switching the cameras externally through a switcher - so this shouldn't impact the picture taking. I did get a message that I was snapping the pictures too quickly so I gradually increased the delay until this error message went away. I had to set it to 7 seconds between taking pictures.

Comment

Errors with Hauppauge Capture Plugin and HS Pro 2.4.0.31

I just upgraded to HS Pro 2.4.0.31, and I noticed I wasn't getting image captures properly. I went in a looked at my logs, and I found the following error messages. Can you please take a look at these and advise as to when your plugin will be operating again?

4/2/2010 2:11:28 PM CaptureUtility Error An unexpected error occured in the ResetCameraConfig(0) function/subroutine: [9 - Subscript out of range]

4/2/2010 2:05:32 PM Hauppauge Capture Error An unexpected error occured in the cbCameraSetting_Click(70) function/subroutine: [380 - Invalid property value]

4/2/2010 2:01:20 PM Hauppauge Capture Error An unexpected error occured in the StartTheSnap(0) function/subroutine: [0 - ]

4/2/2010 2:01:19 PM Hauppauge Capture Error An unexpected error occured in the StartTheSnap(690) function/subroutine: [462 - The remote server machine does not exist or is unavailableTerminated CapPreview]

4/2/2010 2:01:18 PM Hauppauge Capture Error An unexpected error occured in the SwitchCamera(580) function/subroutine: [462 - The remote server machine does not exist or is unavailableTerminated CapPreview]

I am also getting this error when I startup HS. I have tried to remove and re-create my capture devices (I have two cameras feeding into a Hauppauge capture card in my HS Server Computer running Windows XP) This error has been occurring for a while, but has not been causing any real problems. Please explain what I need to do in order to remove this error message when I restart HS.

4/2/2010 1:53:08 PM Hauppauge Capture Error HS Capture devices use house code ` and Captures expected code is $. Please delete all Capture Devices and restart HS

Comment

I'll have to look at the code to see what is causing the errors. Do you have more than one capture device in your server?
          Bryan
          (Config is in my profile)

Comment

As mentioned I don't seem to have this issue now that I put a suitable delay in between capture commands. I only have one capture board in my server and it only has one input.

Comment

Working...
            X