Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Couple of questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of questions

I have a capture card with only one input. I am switching the cameras before they get to the capture card.

When taking pictures I get the camera name text at the top of the image. This is not meaningful for me because it always displays the same text as I have only one input on my capture card. Is there any way to disable this or to display a custom message when I take the picture?

Similarly - is there anyway to specify a custom file name when taking the image capture? I am currently grabbing the last image name and renaming it through scripts so it reflects the actual camera in the image.

Thanks.

How are you triggering the capture? The plugin setup allows you to specify the file name to use for each camera defined in the Camera/AVI tab in the config form. Also in the General tab the location of the camera name can be specified - use none for the camera name and no name will appear in the image.
    Bryan
    (Config is in my profile)

Comment

I am doing it through a script:

hs.plugin("Hauppauge Capture").TakePicture "Hauppauge Capture Hauppauge Camera",1,0

As I only have one input on the video card then I think the plugin only has one camera so it is always going to capture with the same name?

I worked around this by using the last image taken name and renaming it via the script based on the camera selected.

Comment

Working...
      X