Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hs not looking at Homevision Expansion ports ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hs not looking at Homevision Expansion ports ?

Hi All.
    Sort of new'ish to the Home seer thing , so lease be gentle.
    I have loaded the Homevision plug in and it has added 64 flags and 64 viables and only 16 digital inputes. I use all the inputes on my expansion panals and cant seem to get these to be acknologed ?
    Help. what am I doing wrong.
    Any help appreciated.
    Dave

Hi Dave- I don't think that HS "sees" the expansion boards, but according to the thread below there is a work around for that.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...ight=expansion

Comment

Hi Mike
      Thankas for quick response, Not the best solution in the world , but at lease im back in buisiness playing again. Many thanks for theat. Some how 'methinks' it's goinfg to be a long light changing my homevision schule to use all theose available flags and viables. I'm using 2 short of the full 64 Inputs on two expansion boards so wont be able to implement them all but vast majority will be transfered.
      Now just got to work out how to set up some times within Home seer.
      It's off to play we go.

Cheers
      Dave

Comment

I've also got a HV and I use a few of the digital inputs. Sounds like you use a LOT more. Can I ask what you are controlling/monitoring with all those inputs/flags etc.?

Comment

Dave,

Mark is correct, the plug-in does not recognize the expansion board natively, and HST does not have plans of expanding the plug-in in order to support it.

Best wishes to you,

--David

Comment

Arrh. the morning is here already. Used my HV inputs to totgle flags set and clear then within HS used the flags that I had left to control the things which I wonted the inputes to use. Seems to work OK, to a fashion,
            I use the inputs from everything around the house. Every door has a switch, every window has a switch. Various presure mats. Garage door has several switches for open .close,collision and fault. the three loos around the house all have float switches and have done away with the old ball cox and valve.

Luckly I thing I only need about 40 inputs or so into HS for vaious controlling with about 20 original flags required, Should be OK.
            As I stated at the begging. I'm OK with HV and used it for about 8 years now but am a newbie when it come to HS. Have used Hal2000 for many years and have gotton fed up with that.
            Cheers All

Comment

Dave,

Welcome to HomeSeer! As an ex-HAL employee and user, I applaud your decision to give HS a go.

--David

Comment

Working...
              X