This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homevision internal command

I want to make some additional hardware for I/O use based on the homevision serial protocol
    I did some monitoring on the RS232 between Homeseer and homevison

During start-up Homeseer sends out ,G3C to homevision and expects an answer from homevision

If no answer is received after a specific time , homeseer says in a status window during startup that the hardwre is not responding
    So Homeseer starts running, but it does not send out any command on the selected homevision serial port (not the X-10 port but other I/O)

So I need to know what Homeseer needs to see as answer

Anyone who can help ?

RF,

This is a question for CSI (Craig Chadwick) as anything he told us that is proprietary was done so under NDA and visa versa.

Since the HV probably has something in their license agreement about reverse engineering or decompiling the software, and as this is what you are trying to do, I would suggest developing your own command protocol for it or sticking with the public version of the HV protocol.
    Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Thanks for your answer,

Yes I will contact CSI, I only would like to add some features for private use
      so I dont have any commercial interest.

The protocol is available so I dont think it might be a big problem

The homevision available protocol looks simple for what I want to Add as hardware

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
      X