This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How on earth do you get IR working?

I've installed the HomeVision plugin and all is working fine for X10, ports, flags and variables with status coming through OK.

What on earth do you do about IR? No IR devices were automatically created like they were with X10, etc. When you click on the Infrared Config button on the HomeVision Interface, nothing happens (tried Firefox too).

I'm using Windows 7 32-bit.

I've tried creating a new Infrared Device but don't seem to have an area to set the HomeVision Infrared number in it.

Please help - I'm lost

P.S I'm also getting HomeVision Error - ShutDownIR experienced error 8012, The device is not open on line 20

It's been a long time since I setup my IR, but I beleive you have to create all the IR signals within HV with the HV software, NOT with HS. The in HS you use the IR signal in actions and point to towards the IR in HV.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Msekelsky - thanks for the reply.

I have all my IR codes in my HomeVision as I've been using that for a number of years.

From your screenshot I take it you must have had an IR device which you selected when you created your Event.

I don't have any IR devices in my device list (although I do have flags, HomeVision variables, etc). If I create a new device of type "Infrared Device" then I don't have any option to select an IR command, zone, etc. even though the Homevision interface is showing Infrared is Enabled.

All other aspects of HomeVision via HS seem to work OK - just don't have any IR Devices to select when creating an Event as you show in your picture.

Comment

Start settin gup and event. When you get to trigger select Send Infrared Command and that should bring up drop boxes for what you have in HV

Comment

Hi Msekelsky - thanks for the quick reply.

I create (Add) a new Event and select "Send Infrared Command" as my Action which brings-up an Infrared command free-form text box, a Zone drop-down list box containing either blank or (DEFAULT) as options and a blank Signal/Key drop-down list box which is empty irrespective of whether I choose the (DEFAULT) Zone option or not.

I have no idea what do do here - I'm sure I'm missing something really obvious, sorry!

Comment

Originally posted by rlailey View Post
            Hi Msekelsky - thanks for the quick reply.

I create (Add) a new Event and select "Send Infrared Command" as my Action which brings-up an Infrared command free-form text box, a Zone drop-down list box containing either blank or (DEFAULT) as options and a blank Signal/Key drop-down list box which is empty irrespective of whether I choose the (DEFAULT) Zone option or not.

I have no idea what do do here - I'm sure I'm missing something really obvious, sorry!
            I don't know that you are missing anything obvious. I havenot setup anything new with IR in 5+ years, so I am drwaing a blank. When you got HS Setup/Interfaces is Infrared enabled un the HV plug-in? I will send you a PM with admin access to my HS server. Maybe you can poke around (no turning off lights on my wife ) and see something.

Comment

Hi Msekelsky - I finally got there :-)

I didn't realise that the IR menu is only available from the HS application and not from the default web page (Edit / Infrared Signals... from HS app).

I spent hours on this - I really feel thick now!

Comment

Been there many times. Glad you got it going

Comment

Working...
                X