This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basic Question

Greetings, after many months of flip-flopping from one alarm to another I'm at the point of removing my Napco system and installing a Caddx system along with the standalone HomeVision product. My question is a basic one. Could someone give me a quick rundown of the functionality I can expect with a Caddx + HomeVision + HomeSeer. What I'm looking for (and had for a short period before my Napco went south) is the ability to monitor the alarm real time and pass that info to HomeSeer.

With my Napco system I just plugged a serial cable between the panel and my HomeSeer computer and utilized the HAWizard plugin to create virtual devices in HomeSeer for each of my zones. From what I understand the HomeVision box has a serial port that can be run directly to the Caddx panel, but how would that then be passed to HomeSeer? There is only one serial port on the standalone box, correct?

I also understand that a plugin doesn't exist at this time similar to HAWizard which would allow me to plug the Caddx panel directly into the HomeSeer computer. Which is the reason I'm under the assumption that I need to go through a HomeVision box first.

-Dave
Working...
X