This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Displaying text messages onto the TV

This was asked in another topic and I thought I would ask again. Is it possible to use Homevision to receive text messages from HS and display it onto the TV? I have no idea how to use the DDE yet. But has anybody tried?

Thanks
    Danny

I would also like to know if it is possible to use Homevision to receive text messages from HS and display it onto the TV?

Comment

Danny/fixrim,

Sorry I didn't see this note when it was originally posted. Unfortunately, no, it is not possible to use the text display functions of the Homevision with the plug-in. The HV plug-in was developed with the 1.0 spec of the HomeSeer API, which was considerably less flexible than the 2.0 version.

--David

Comment

Any chance of anybody developing a 2.0 plugin for HV? I would be happy to pay for a full featured plugin that utilizes the message feature. I'm sure most of the folks using HV would say the same...

Regards
        Danny

Comment

Hello, Danny.

It would be fairly time-consuming to design/code/test the plug-in for the 2.0 API specification and to add the text feature. Probably at least a 40 - 50 hr. effort. I don't think the HV user base is large enough to support the cost of such an undertaking. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

--David

Comment

David,
            No big deal. I've got enough to play with right now anyway.

Happy New Year!

Danny

Comment

Working...
            X