X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HV does not send back to HS the X10 signals it sends

Hi everybody,

I've been using a HV box for the past 4 years, and it has been running perfectly fine. It's using the HV software V2.75c and a PROM version that must be 2.7x.

I've just bought a PC / server to install HS on the top of HV. It's working fine, except HS doesn't get X10 statuses updated when HV is sending an X10 signal. Everything works fine on received X10 signals, not on sent signals.

Looking at the HV software, it looks like the HV can report through the serial line received X10 signals... but not the sent signals !! That's not good !

Has any of you already got the same problem ? How did you get around it ? (if possible ???)

Thanks a lot in advance for your help,
    Francois.

This is correct I think - and in the same way HV will not run a macro associated with say an X10 ON event if that event occurs in a script - it needs the event to originate outside of the controller.

There is however an 'auto report' feature in HV from 2.7 onwards that gets around this (but creates other issues). Basically the current HS plugin uses this to determine when a variable or flag changes state but it seems to use the standard reporting for all other events. This is probably because 'auto report' generates a lot of data as it reports every devices status when only a single device changes state - ie if one X10 device changes then all your X10 states are sent out the serial port which is time consuming to parse. Some info on this can be found in 'HomeVision Auto Report Feature" or Auto Report.pdf which is in the HV docs folder.
    So .. doesn't help you too much with the HS integration as the plugin doesn't support this being enabled (I am guessing) but..there's a way around it. Whenever you change an X10 load in a HV macro then add a command immediately after it that say sets a variable - now the variable change will be reported to HS and you can a corresponding action in HS to update the local X10 device status. True it's a bit around the houses and therefore causes slight delays but it works.
    Thinking on my feet here but you might even be able to send the 'equivalent' command out the HV serial interface that HS is looking at for an X10 load change using the serial transmit eg for G 10 ON
    "90 X-10 House/Unit : G 10 {CR} {LF} {SOH}" and
    "91 X-10 House/Func : G On {CR} {LF} {SOH}

( see the serial protocol docs)

Chris

Comment

Working...
    X