This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS 'sort of' hangs

Frequently, the script engine will hang while running a script. Homeseer continues to respond
    to mouse clicks and I can even exit (except if hanging in the 'stat control dialog, then I have to terminate with taskman).

Still in the process of debugging for specific reasons, but I'm thinking it could be in WaitEvents, but then again...

...I'm thinking more and more that it might by my HouseLinc, because it seems to "hear" the X-10
    bus but can't send on the bus. Also, it seems to happen mostly after sending an X-10 command
    (especially a long one like if an event triggers and has several device to control).

Task Manager shows HomeSeer using most of the processor time. Of course, I can't tell where in HS it's hanging. The only way to fix it is to restart HS.

Grant
    Win2KSP2
    HS v1.6
    HouseLinc X-10 Interface
    MR26A
    RCS TX15B 'stat

I had a thought...

I have a CM11A laying around, but since it doesn't support my digital BOBs (that's another story, right Geoff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]) it stopped using it and thought I had the HouseLinc integrated and working with Geoff's help.

Anyway...I swapped X-10 interfaces and, <voila>, no more hanging for over 24 hours and counting WITH TTS AND VR installed and enabled.

I'm POSITIVE it's the HouseLinc interface that's "going south." This all started after I bought the HSP Hi-phone switch and had to upgrade from the standard release software (v1.5.?) to the betas. Obviously something broke in the HouseLinc interface. Can we get this fixed or at least looked into soon? I need by HouseLinc and digital BOBs to work again.

Grant
    Win2KSP2
    HS v1.6
    HouseLinc X-10 Interface
    MR26A
    RCS TX15B 'stat

Comment

This might not be relevant but have guys installed the new version of the Hoselinc plug-in. Version 1.1.8 is available.

My Houselinc is running perfect however I'm not at HS 1.6 yet. Out of all the OS supported the ME is not recommended and guess what I have. Time to move to 2000.

Comment

The HouseLinc version 1.1.8 is dated 12-2001. I've got version 1.1.12 installed.

Grant
        Win2KSP2
        HS v1.6
        HouseLinc X-10 Interface
        MR26A
        RCS TX15B 'stat

Comment

Yes I am also using 1.1.12 plug in. I have had no probles w/HouseLinc and 2 BOBs. My only complaint about HouseLinc is the Limited ir. No fault of HomeSeer, it is the best home automation sotfware I have ever used. And I have used quite a few over the past 15 years.

Rick

Comment

Rick,

Thanks for the reply [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I'm using 2 BOBs as well and really need them back. HS still running...48+ hours now with the CM11A and not evidence of the problems I've had with the HouseLinc.

What OS are you using? What version of HS are you using? Do you have a thermostat that you are controlling?

Thanks again...

Grant
            Win2KSP2
            HS v1.6
            HouseLinc X-10 Interface
            MR26A
            RCS TX15B 'stat

Comment

Grant,
              Do you have any suspicions as to what's happening in HS at the time of the hang? Is it receiving X10, sending X10, sending IR, none of the above, all of the above, or not sure?
              Geoff
              -Geoff

Comment

Geoff,

Thanks for the reply [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I think it's during a send command, but I haven't tried logging all X-10 activity. I could do that or dredge up that special debug HouseLinc plug-in you sent me way back when.

Grant
                Win2KSP2
                HS v1.6
                HouseLinc X-10 Interface
                MR26A
                RCS TX15B 'stat

Comment

Grant,

Answers to your questions; Win 98SE, HS 1.6, HSP B52, no thermostats. My HouseLinc firmware ver is 4.4 The only way I know to check the HLinc ver is thru the PLato software that came w/ HLinc. You can contact Smarthome Pro and they will send updated firmware or updates to Ir codes if you need them.

Rick

Comment

Thanks for the response. I haven't had a chance to check my firmware version of my HouseLinc. I'm considering installing HS from scratch and testing just the interface without a lot of events/devices, etc. and see what happens with the plugin, etc.

Grant
                    Win2KSP2
                    HS v1.6
                    HouseLinc X-10 Interface
                    MR26A
                    RCS TX15B 'stat

Comment

Check the HomeSeer log. At startup, you should see an entry that shows the HouseLink firmware revision number.
                      -Geoff

Comment

Geoff,

I backed up my current HomeSeer directory, un-installed HS, then re-installed HS v1.60 from the downloaded setuphs_full.exe.

I then copied over the hspi_houselinc.ocx (v1.1.12) that you had sent me.

Tested with just the sample .xml configuration. No joy, at first...until I powered off the TW523 and the HouseLinc...then no problems...picking up all kinds of traffic on the X-10 bus...set up devices for my RCS TX15B 'stat...sent it a bunch of commands...no response???...reset HouseLinc again...still no response...Said "what the f&@#" and copied over my backed up scripts and config directories and re-started HS...

Seems to be working like a charm now (fingers crossed)...'stat's responding...motion detectors detecting...now to re-install HSP!!!

Grant
                        Win2KSP2
                        HS v1.60
                        HouseLinc (firmware v 4.4)
                        X-10 Interface (v 1.1.12)
                        MR26A (v 1.01.0617)
                        RCS TX15B 'stat
                        HS Phone v 1.0.0.52 beta
                        Hi-Phone (firmware 4.51.03)
                        Interface v 1.08.12

Comment

Could one of you point me wher I could find hspi_houselinc.ocx (v1.1.12)

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
                          X