Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Houselinc and Digital BOB Connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houselinc and Digital BOB Connection

It's Monday and time for the dumb question of the week........How do I connect the Digital BOB to my Houselinc box? It looks like a RJ45 jack on each. Is there a special cable needed or can I use a straight-thru ethernet cable? Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Chuck

My BOBs came with a cable from SmartLincm which is about 20 cm in length. I think it's just a straight thru 8 conductor cable. SmartLinc was pretty specific about the length, because I wanted to move the BOB to a remote location and use Cat-5 cabling to connect to the HouseLinc. They said "no joy" to that idea, but said that the probe wire could be extended.

Grant
    Win2KSP2
    HS v1.6
    HouseLinc X-10 Interface
    MR26A
    RCS TX15B 'stat

Comment

There are 2 BOBS - One is Digital Bob - the other Houselinc BOB. Houselink Bob connects with a little network lookin grey cable - no power required. And digital BOB requires power and has the same grey network plug frayed with wires that are needing to be connected to something. ie- a relay of some sort. The lights are also different- RED(digi) GREEN(Houseinc)

If you have the red guy - it's not gonna be as easy as you thought. The 10 dollar difference will get costly when you have to add up the four unversal modules (smarthome).

Been there - done this. I still have the digi BOB, doin nuthin. Houselinc BOB works great. Hope this is of some help.

--*(( Brent Kacian ))*--
      phillips_brent@hotmail.com
      Homeseer - Houselinc

Comment

Working...
      X