Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

BOB and HouseLinc X10 garbled messages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOB and HouseLinc X10 garbled messages

Interesting phenomenon started occurring when I added a BOB digital input (low voltage) probe that senses the state of my furnace.

If I request a setpoint change of my RCS TX15B thermostat that's above the current temperature, the furnace turns on as expected and the probes state turns ON. This is exactly as it should be.

However, the thermostat's script immediately polls the thermostat to confirm the setpoint. The returned setpoint data is garbled or misinterpreted by HS thus:

3/6/2003 10:56:27 AM~!~RCS TX15B (J) Status~!~Requesting Setpoint Change to 70
    3/6/2003 10:56:27 AM~!~RCS TX15B (J) Status~!~Polling for New Setpoint
    3/6/2003 10:56:31 AM~!~X10 Received~!~O13 (Utility Room Heat Cycle Probe) O On
    3/6/2003 10:56:31 AM~!~X10 Received~!~O13 (Utility Room Heat Cycle Probe) O Preset Dim 2
    3/6/2003 10:56:58 AM~!~RCS TX15B (J) Error~!~Setpoint Request Timed Out

It seems to be interpreted as house code 'O' instead of as house code 'J'.

Grant
    System configuration in my profile

Grant-

I have had my Houselinc for over a year now. I get similar things every now and again. What's strange here is that I get it mostly with the Thermoscript running, although I have had instances where it looked like other devices were acting haywire. I have gone great lengths to buy noise filters for every TV, computers, the washer and dryer (Whirpool with all digital display can turn off lights, damn-it), the list goes on, anything that was a suspect got blocked. I still get 'junk' from time to time similar to this. I just got an Ocelot, I'm going to see if I still get this grief with it in place. I’m desperate to resolve this goofy stuff on my lines and I’m currently thinking that the Houselinc may be partial to blame. On a side note, have you ever had a random device just start repeating a code endlessly?

-*(( Brent Kacian ))*-
    -*(( www.bkacian.com ))*-
    -*(( Homeseer - Houselinc ))*-
    -*(( phillips_brent@hotmail.com ))*-

Comment

Grant,

It looks like the X10 probe command may be stepping on the X10 setpoint confirmation request. Maybe try delaying the setpoint confirmation request for 10 seconds and see if that helps.

Geoff
      -Geoff

Comment

How can the X10 probe command step on the powerline signal from the 'stat since the BOB command is internal to the HouseLinc? Doesn't the HouseLinc plug-in "simulate" the X10 command from the BOB. It sounds like the plug-in is misinterpreting the sequence and garbling the message.

Grant

Comment

Grant,

That's true, but there could still be a timing problem. I'd still suggest trying a delay. The problem is that not every command contains the house code. If the HouseLinc inserts it's probe command at an inopportune time, things could get confused.

Geoff
          -Geoff

Comment

Geoff,

Now I'm getting errors on temperature reports:

3/10/2003 9:38:38 PM~!~RCS TX15B (J) Status~!~System Started
            3/10/2003 9:38:39 PM~!~RCS TX15B (J) Error~!~Temperature reported but not announced first: 69

The "System Started" entry indicates that the digital input probe turned on. Unfortunately, I turned logging off for the probe. It looks like the BOB is "eating" up the temperature report "preamble" that says the next report is a temperature value.

Wasn't there a version of the HouseLinc plugin that did extra logging? Would that help sort this out?

Grant

Comment

Working...
            X