Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Digital Bob has Digital Sacarino confused.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital Bob has Digital Sacarino confused.

I have looked all over for the answer to this question.

With a Digital BOB, do you need a single Powerflash module, or one per twisted pair output?

The way I read this, the Digital BOB can output - using the Smarthome example - P13 on and off for probe 1's status. How does that work with the powerflash, since that has a code wheel on it? That brings me back to the one powerflash per BOB probe issue.

I had the vague thought that perhaps I should be looking at the TW523 Two-way module instead, which would seem to be the solution to my question.....

I'm not too crazy about buying things at random, so I look forward to any additional insight.

Thanks!
    Shane

1 per - or 4 Powerflash total - or an Ocelot with the SECU 16I...

(If you're lights are red you have a plug that has 8 wires of varior colors, the green LED plugs directly in to the Smartlinc.)

Using a TV probe or video probe - that plugs in to the D. BOB - it then illuminates the Red LED's - the corresponding wire then pumps out 5V+ that you plug into the powerflash which then will turn whatever housecode ON. Video off - 5V+ drops to 0V and the Powerflash turns OFF.

Brent Kacian www.bkacian.com
    phillips_brent@hotmail.com
    Homeseer - Ocelot
    &hs.please "sign" @the, guestbook,true

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
      1 per - or 4 Powerflash total - or an Ocelot with the SECU 16I...

(If you're lights are red you have a plug that has 8 wires of varior colors, the green LED plugs directly in to the Smartlinc.)

Using a TV probe or video probe - that plugs in to the D. BOB - it then illuminates the Red LED's - the corresponding wire then pumps out 5V+ that you plug into the powerflash which then will turn whatever housecode ON. Video off - 5V+ drops to 0V and the Powerflash turns OFF.
      <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So by using just the digital bob by itself with a poweflash the codes the bob stores are irrelevant? I get the fact that the voltage/lack of will trip the powerflash on/off, respectively.

I guess I'm just curious what the point of the bob storing a code was to begin with. Does the ocelot read the bob code?

Thanks much for taking the time to educate me, I appreciate it.

Shane

Comment

You have to just think of the digital BOB as a mediator. It doesn't have any codes, it will not store anything, just outputs 0-5 volts, which the Powerflash will turn a set housecode ON or OFF.

If you are using an Ocelot, a search at www.appdig.com in the Modules sections will give you a diagram of the resistor layout needed to convert the voltage to readable data. I don't like the voltage divider idea since I'd need to purchase another SECU 16I since I have most of it setup using contact closures for PIR motions and magnetic switches. I will most likely get small relays will use the 5V to create a contact closure like a magnetic reed switch. Again digital BOB has no codes association but when you have the Ocelot setup there will be 16 devices that will be in your device listing that you can name to what piece of audio/video equipment is being represented.

Comment

Working...
        X