This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sort of working

I have installed the plugin as well as the app on my iphone. When I connect with my iphone I only get 2 of my 12 devices showing up. I can control those 2 devices.
    I have 12 devices in 6 groups. Of the two devices that show up on my iphone, one is in a group of 3 total devices (the other two in that group don't show up), and the other is in a group by itself.
    Most of my devices are appliance modules, if that makes a difference.
    I will be adding a few more devices to control additional lights in the near future, as well as two zwave thermostats, so hopefully I will get this sorted out so that the MobiLinc modules work out for me.
    Thanks.
    Mike Aymar

More info: I have been able to connect with HS via my iphone and ipad, both inside my local network, and over the internet. In all cases, I
    still get just two devices.
    Thx.
    Last edited by mikea; November 30, 2010, 04:04 PM.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the feedback. We've implemented the plugin to filter out devices reported from HS that don't "appear" to be real devices (like iTunes for example, as this doesn't have a good GUI integrface in our client HS MobiLinc yet).

It sounds like our algorithm may have aggressivly filtered out valid devices. The easiest way that I can see what happened is if I could trouble you for a screenshot of HS running on the device page showing an example of a device that is in HS, but not appearing in HS MobiLinc. In most cases the screenshot of the device missing from HS MobiLinc will give us a clue as to why the plug-in filtered it out.

Please send to wes@mobileintegratedsolutions.com

The beta plug-in does not support thermostats yet, but this support is coming.

Thanks!
    Wes

Comment

Hi Mike,

Thank you for the screenshot, this gave us some clues, but not the whole picture yet. If you would be so kind as to download the latest version posted this morning (0.5.2) and send me the log file this will tell us exactly what we need to do differently to get all your devices appearing in HS MobiLinc.

Here are the steps to collect the log file:
      1. Install the new 0_5_2 version.
      2. Run HomeSeer.
      3. Go to the Mobilinc Setup WebPage (Setup->Interfaces->Mobilinc->Config).
      4. Change the "Logging Level" to Verbose.
      5. Click Save to save the changes.
      6. Launch HS Mobilinc on your iOS device. This will cause the log file to be updated with the info we need.
      7. Go to your HomeSeer directory. (Usually C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSPRO or C:\Program Files\HomeSeer).
      8. Find the file HSPI_Mobilinc.log and email me that file.

Thank you for all your help!
      Wes

Comment

Same issues, sent you my log file.

Comment

Hi heatvent,

Just to close out this thread, we believe we have addressed the missing device issues you were seeing and have included the fix in the latest beta drop and the official 1.0.0.0 release of the MobiLinc plug-in.

Thanks for your help and let us know if you have any other issues or questions,
          Wes

Comment

Working...
          X