This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MobiLinc Plug-In Updated Version: 0.5.2

Thank you to all who were willing to try out the first release of the MobiLinc plug-in.

What's new in 0.5.2:
    - UDP Auto-discovery in Windows XP is now disabled which was causing the crash on Windows XP machines in the 0.5.1 release. In the meantime a solution to the problem is being investigated.

UDP is used by the plug-in and HS MobiLinc to determine if HS MobiLinc is connected to a local WiFi source. This aides HS MobiLinc in Auto detect connection mode if it should connect over HTTP or HTTPS. For Windows XP users, please download 0.5.2 and set your Connect Method under HS MobiLinc settings to HTTP or HTTPS. Auto will still work, but will default to HTTPS if both HTTP and HTTPS fields are filled out.

UDP Auto-discovery is still enabled and working for Windows Vista and Windows 7.
    Last edited by WesMobiLinc; December 14, 2010, 09:24 AM. Reason: Removed the beta copy as it had expired and version 1.0.0.0 is available in the HomeSeer plug-in store.

working fine now for me on Win7 x64. No more HS crashes.

Also, you might want to remind ppl to 'Config' the Mobi plugin with admin pw & ports and ensure they have firewall ports open.

let me know what needs to be tested... I'm running through what I can and all seems fine so far.

Comment

Hi Ltek,

Glad to hear the plug-in is working for you. The focus on the beta period is testing for reliability (How does HS MobiLinc and the plug-in hold up to daily use) and to make sure our filtering logic parses the controllable devices correctly.

What I mean by that statement is, under HomeSeer there are many differnet things that are classified as a device. For now, we are limiting the plug-in and HS MobiLinc to just on/off/dim types of devices with thermostats to follow. As such it is possible that the plug-in filters out valid on/off/dim devices. This we want to know about.

If you think HS MobiLinc should be displaying a device and it isn't, please send us the MobiLinc plug-in log file:

1. Run HomeSeer.
      2. Go to the Mobilinc Setup WebPage (Setup->Interfaces->Mobilinc->Config).
      3. Change the "Logging Level" to Verbose.
      4. Click Save to save the changes.
      5. Launch HS Mobilinc on your iOS device. This will cause the log file to be updated with the info we need.
      6. Go to your HomeSeer directory. (Usually C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSPRO or C:\Program Files\HomeSeer).
      7. Find the file HSPI_Mobilinc.log and email me that file.

Comment

Working...
      X