X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is hsGirder a go for HS2.0? I might try and find some time to try it all out on a new system I am migrating to.

John
    John

Comment

Yup, HSG works just fine on HS2

Comment

I could not get this working... will try some more this week. George do you use G3 or G4 for the HS2 plugin?

John
        John

Comment

Any sign of George?
          John

Comment

While I am not George, I will add that I have been using HSGirder with HS2 for quite a while and it appears to work fine (with some infrequent hangs that need to be reset).

I am using HS Girder on the HS2 machine, with no local Girder on the HS machine, and communicate to/from two media PC's running Girder 3 as well as a PPC running NetRemote.

In my setup I find HS Girder to be one of my most important/useful plugins - thanks again George where ever you are!

Comment

Sorry guys, been traveling a lot lately.

John, refresh my memory... What's G3 or G4?

Comment

I think John is referring to the NetRemote Options / Plugins / Girder Plugin setup menu (on NetRemote) that asks you to select your Mode as Girder 3 or Girder 4. I believe only Girder 3 will work with hsGirder, despite some cryptic error messages if NetRemote looses it's connection to hsGirder.

Comment

Yes, you have to use G3 for hsGirder currently. I do not have Girder 4 installed so I not implemented any of the new G4 interface options.

Comment

is there people that use hsgirder with girder 4 ?

Comment

Just to let people know... I have tested a new Netremote 2 build that fixed the Girder 3 setting used to communicate with hsGirder and I have confirmed it will work with the latest HS2 build. This build should be out soon. I have the dll that was fixed so I could email it if you need it sooner.

Other news is that Netremote Designer 2 is free of charge and greatly improved. Also Netremote is currently on sale for $29.99

Netremote will integrate with several music players (although JRMC is the best IMHO) and with hsGirder you can do just about anything you want and get two way communication with HS.

If there is a lot of interest I might convert my last Homeseer Netremote skin to NR2 or some other example.

John
                      John

Comment

John,

I just bought the NR2 WHP while it was on sale to control my media center from my pda.

Do I need to purchase girder to make it work with Homeseer?

I tried the girder/NR plugin about a year ago and couldn't figure out how to get it to work, granted, I did not spend a lot of time with it.

Comment

No you just need to download the hsGirder plugin from the HS updater. Then set the NR Properties to match those for hsGirder (port=1050 password=hsGirder for instance) then set it to use Girder 3 protocals). If you search this forum you will find some writeups and examples. Just load any CCF into the new Netremote Designer and at the top of the tree choose properties for the CCF and update it to use the newer format.

Originally posted by sqhughes View Post
                          John,

I just bought the NR2 WHP while it was on sale to control my media center from my pda.

Do I need to purchase girder to make it work with Homeseer?

I tried the girder/NR plugin about a year ago and couldn't figure out how to get it to work, granted, I did not spend a lot of time with it.
                          Last edited by jwilson56; December 15, 2008, 10:32 AM.
                          John

Comment

The new build for Netremote 2 is up now.

Build 138 - 2.0.15
                            December 4, 2008

* Girder Plugin Instance Fix
                            * Girder 3 communication fix (hsGirder / ievents)

You can use it for 30 days on the trial.

http://www.promixis.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17302
                            John

Comment

Working...
                            X