X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get connection status on remote

Hi,

I would like to see the connection status on my remote (just like I have with JR river media center). For example if I reboot my Homeseer computer I would like to see when the remote re-connects. Now I'm just guessing and have to restart when it doesn't re-connect.

Anyone any examples for me???

Thanks
    Marcel

Got it working actually it was pretty easy, just sent a status to the netremotes when homeseer starts up and when a netremote logs in. Then change the status when homeseer shuts down.

Marcel

Comment

Marcel,

Can you explain the steps that got it working for you? I'm also trying to get a specific status into NR from HS.

TIA,

Chuck

Comment

Hi Chuck,

I'm using this to see if I'm connected to Homeseer.
        When the netremote connects I sent a:

hsg.NetRemote_Send "Set","HS.LinkActive","1"

When Homeseer shuts down I sent A:

hsg.NetRemote_Send "Set","HS.LinkActive","0"

In netremote I have a button that is called:

HS.LinkActive

This button will change when the state turns to "1"

Hope this helps
        Marcel

Comment

Marcel,

Thanks! This was what I've been looking for and pretty much had it but I had my states reversed!!! DOH!

Thanks again!

Chuck

Comment

Link Status stuff

Hi guys,

This is exactly what I've been looking for but STILL can't get it to work.

I declared a button in Tonto that says: STATE:HS.LinkActive. When ON it's green, when OFF it's red.

I added a line to my HS script when a button is pushed:
            hsg.NetRemote_Send "Set","HS.LinkActive","1"

When I launch the script from Homeseer (is another button actually), NOTHING happens. The button doesn't even show up....

Can anyone tell me what's wrong?

Is there some kind of manual for creating scripts?

Determined but tired user

Comment

Hi Arnep,

I haven't seen a manual on creating scripts but there is a good help section in homeseer itself.

I'm not sure why this is not working for you besides one. Do you have addressability to the plugin before you make the call, e.a.

Set hsg = hs.Plugin("hsGirder") ' get addressability to the plugin

Marcel

Comment

arnep,

I assume that you know how to create the button in Tonto and to assign at least one action (in this case a delay). Without it, the button will not show up in your CCF. If you want, post your CCF here and I'll have a look.

I'm no expert in building CCFs but I'm determined as hell!

Meanwhile, look at my other post for a script that signals NR to change the button state.

Chuck

Comment

Working...
                X