This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Netremote Lights Example

I posted this long ago for the Win32 enviroment but someone asked about a small example for controlling lights on a PPC. So here is my light control panel stripped out of Now Playing for the PPC. Just modify the nrlights.txt script to reflect your light names.

John
    Attached Files
    John

Here is the screenshot for the light control.

John
    Attached Files
    John

Comment

Thanks, This has helped loads. I got the lights working fine so now I can work on retrieving the status and sending this to the pda. Looks quite easy

Cheers, Matt.

Comment

I would suggest you use the hsGirder subscription service to automatically set the status for the lights. This is a cool feature George added. Look at the hsGirder_Startup script to see how its done.

John
        John

Comment

Is their a manual anywhere for hsGirder? I can't seem to find one anywhere.Cheers, Matt.

Comment

Here is a new light control panel example.

Edit the nrlights.txt script

location(1) = "Living Room Table Lamp" to match the "Location Name" of your devices.

label(1) = "Table Lamp" to reflect what you want the labels to be on the NR screen.

To use the subscription services built into hsGirder now you must edit the hsGirder_startup.txt also. Same as the nrlights.txt file for location and device names as well as the entried for the device ID's.

hsg.NetRemote_Subscribe "Status","A1","LightPlate11","2/1,3/0"

The LightPlate numers are the switches named on the NR CFF as the correspond to the device ID's.

This will allow HS to send the image updates for the light switched automatically.

This an updated version that is based off my Now Playing 800X600 screen as well as being on a popup hidden frame.

John
            Attached Files
            Last edited by jwilson56; July 13, 2005, 12:46 PM.
            John

Comment

Working...
            X