Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Completely new to scripting, girder and netremote... HELP!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Completely new to scripting, girder and netremote... HELP!

Hi all,

Just purchased netremote, to make it possible to control homeseer with my ipaq (and/or touchscreens).

I wasn't aware though, that integrating all this was so painfull... I did code quite a lot in Pascal, but this is ages ago, and it seems that there's a lot of scripting involved in getting everything to work...

I would like to request a very basic example of controlling an X10 device from Netremote. Just one. Let's keep it simple...

btw. Netremote is talking to hsGirder, I see all kinds of very undescriptive messages going about...

arnep,

I agree that the integration can be painful but if you take it one step at a time, it'll all start coming together.

I've attached a file (test.ccf) that will illustrate the concept of controlling an X10 device (configured as A1).
    IF you are sure that NR and HS are talking through the HSGirder plugin properly then this should work without tinkering. The underlying control isn't a script but in the embedded IR code that is sent to HsGirder with a payload that is sent to HS.

Load this CCF onto you IPAQ, run NR, load this CCF and you should be able to turn on and off A1. Try it with an appliance module if you have one so you can hear the response.

I highly suggest you look at the marvelous work by John Wilson in his Now Playing project. I learned much from his work.

Also, the NR message board has many fine folks that will help.

Good Luck,

Chuck

Comment

oops....the attachment didn't work.

Try this. Just unzip it. It's the same CCF.
      Attached Files

Comment

Well first I would take a few minutes and read some of the posts here. I recently posted a stand alone light control panel example for the PPC.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=103875

John
        John

Comment

Working...
        X