This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardcore error has me down, literally

This error popped up last night and I cannot get past it. I removed the hsGirder folder from the Data folder and reinstalled the plugin, but no luck.

Here's the message:
    hsGirder Error: Error from Winsock1: Error number is 11001
    hsGirder Error: Description: Authoritative answer: Host not found

and this keeps repeating over and over. I've looked up the error and it seems like a TCP-IP error and I really don't know how to go about diagnosing this outside of the common hsGirder framework.

I don't get any extra information if I turn on debugging either.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,
    Eric

Do you have a machine that you send something to in possibly your startup.txt file or an event that used to be on but is now no longer on the network?

Comment

From an MSDN article:
      No such host is known. The name is not an official host name or alias, or it cannot be found in the database(s) being queried. This error may also be returned for protocol and service queries, and means that the specified name could not be found in the relevant database.
      Have you made any changes to your network, PC names or IP addresses changes?

Rick

Comment

Can be something like a firewall where the conditons for access have been removed such as expired authorization. The socket connected at some time in the past but is no longer able to get to it. If Girder saves connection info and they tries to restore it, but it may no longer be valid

Comment

It actually sounds to me like the machine that got designated as the LM Browse Master for some reason is not responding to the NetBios name request. Did you make any changes to any of the eithernet card config values for LM browse auto/manual?

Comment

I'm getting this error now with a new HS2 installation. I have made changes to my network (added a new pc to run HS2). I have not yet gotten the hsGirder plugin up and running, just wondering if there was a solution for this error.

Thanks,
            Brett

Comment

Working...
            X