X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting a status from HS into Netremote

This is what I'm attempting:

I want a button on my NR CCF to flash if I have any phone messages in HSPhone. I know aout getting the button to flash and how to set an event to trigger on phone message received, but not how to get a virtual device state into NR to trigger a LUA script. Is it possible? Am I headed in the wrong direction?

Any help will be appreciated.

TIA,

Chuck

bump

Comment

I guess people are still busy with 2.0

Never mind. I figured it out.

Chuck

Comment

Hi chuck,

I would like to know how you did it. Please
        I was planning this type of setup for my system and was watching your thread for an answer. I guess your'e correct
        from the looks of things "they have there hands full with 2.0"
        I was wanting to use a pronto remote for the same thing.
        anywho. TIA

22v10

Comment

22v10,

I didn't get exactly what I wanted but what I did I can at least use. What I wanted was to trigger a LUA that comes with Avid's utilities that will flash a button (1 sec on, 1 sec off).

The trigger was to come from a state change on a virtual device in HS. The state change comes from HSP when a message was left. SInce no one would answer on the lua trigger question I worked out something that would work. The button only shows up when there is a message waiting but doesn't flash.

I created an event that changes z1 to on when a message is left. Then I wrote the following script which runs with the event:

sub main()
          dim hsg
          Set hsg = hs.GetPlugins("hsGirder") ' get addressability to the plugin
          imagepath = ".\data\hsGirder\"
          if hs.ison ("Z1") then
          hsg.NetRemote_Send "Set","MsgWait" ,"1" 'sets Msg waiting indicator to ON (invisible)
          else
          hsg.NetRemote_Send "Set","MsgWait" ,"0" 'sets Msg waiting indicator to OFF (visible)
          end if
          end sub

I created another event in HS that turns z1 off when the messages are read and it runs the same script.

In NR I careated a button with two states, one of which is hidden. When there is a message the state changes and the button becomes visible.

Will this work with a pronto remote? I know you can design screens with NR and the designer but this requires two way communication and I thought a Pronto remote was just that, a remote.

Chuck

Comment

Working...
          X