This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ports used for HSGirder communication

Does anyone know if there is a way to change the TCP/IP ports hsgirder is using??

Thanks
    Marcel

Never mind I think I'm now awake yet. Found it.

Comment

Still need some help. I'm trying to get an outbound netremote to work but I'm getting confused about the parameters. Is there any detailed explanation for the list below.

[hspi_hsGirder]
      INI_Level=1
      Housecodes=
      Logtypes=
      ServerPort=8200
      ServerPassword=girder
      ServerTCPTimeout=5
      RGirder0=67.103.102.59,8200,girder,True,
      RGirder1=,1050,,False,
      RGirder2=,1050,,False,
      RGirder3=,1050,,False,
      RGirder4=,1050,,False,
      RemoteEnable=True
      RemoteEvEnable=True
      ServerEnable=True
      EchoEvents=True
      PayloadDevices=,,
      SuppressErrors=True

Thanks
      Marcel

Comment

Didn't realize that instructions are in the thread right above this one.

Comment

Still struggling to setup and outbound net-remote. Is there anyone who has this running and if yes could you explain to me how to adjust the settings in hsgirder config??

Thanks
          Marcel

Comment

Marcel,

I might be able to help if I knew a little more on what you are trying to accomplish. Please elaborate! Is it sending NR commands to HS through the plugin? Or the other way (getting a status in NR)?

Chuck

Comment

Hi Chuck,

What I'm trying to do is getting a status on my remote when I'm on the road. I'm able to sent commands but the change is not sent back to the netremote. I'm sure that the port I'm using(8000) is open in the firewall.
              I'm confused about the inbound and outbound settings in the hsconfig. Do they have to be different and also the ip-address for the outbound remote. Is this needed?

By the way in-house everything is working fine.

Thanks
              Marcel

Comment

Marcel,

What are you controlling that you want the status for in NR?

I'll look at my setup when I get home (in about an hour).

Chuck

Comment

Hi Chuck,

It is quit simple, I'm turning on light (scene front/backyard for example) and like to see the status change on my remote.

Thanks
                  Marcel

Comment

Marcel,

Where are you when you are trying to get the status into your NR client device? I take it you are not at home and using some free WI-FI connection.

In a way, you asked this question once before. See this thread:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=104003

As I see it, unless you can configure the router at the remote location you are sending the NR commands from, you won't be able to receive the status updates from HS as the remote router is blocking the return path. I might suggest you reconfigure your ports to something that "might" not be closed on the router at the remote location (maybe port 21, standard FTP port).

Question: Why not just use HS built-in web access and control the lights through that and not rely on NR? That's what I do, even on my PPC.

Chuck

Comment

Hi Chuck,

You are right I have asked this once before. That time I wasn't sure that the ports on the router at my work are open. Now I do. I must admit that I never thought to run the web interface on my PPC. This will resolve my problem thanks.

Marcel

Comment

Working...
                      X