X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't get NetRemote to talk to HS2

Hi,
    I've installed hsGirder from the updater and followed the instructions in this thread http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=100986 but can't seem to get NR talking to HS. NR is controlling JR Music Center so I know that portion of the install is fine.

The one thing that is different between the instructions and my installation is that I don't have the 'NRBasic' entry in NetRemote options - I don't know if something didn't install properly or if it doesn't need to be there.

I am testing with the NowShowing screens for NR and have made modifications for the nrlights and nrlights_refresh scripts. Am I missing something obvious that I need to adjust to my install or am I missing the level of modification that needs to happen?

I am using HS2.1.75, hsGirder 0.9.0.8 and NR 1.1.0.44 (trial version, I haven't purchased yet).

Thanks for any help, ideas & direction.

aldon

Be sure to check the port number and the password in both NR and HS (hsgirder plugin). The password is also case sensitive.

Turn debugging on in the hsgirder plugin and see whats happening.

John
    John

Comment

Hi John,
      My understanding from the installation thread is that the password gets entered in the 'NRBasic' entry in the NetRemote plugin options - is that correct? I don't have that entry in NR but do have the pw entered in the hsG configuration.

I realize this is probably a better question for the NR forums but can you confirm that is where the password is entered in NR and do you know what creates that plugin entry?

I have a 'generic' plugin in NR and when I set that to the right port (no field for password), I see connection activity in th hsG TCP_server_status.

thanks,
      aldon

Comment

No actually it gets entered into the Girder instance within Netremote.

John
        John

Comment

OK, seems to be working! Outstanding! Thaks for the tips.

Only other comment is that I get occasional log errors:
          5/31/2006 2:24:18 PM - WARNING - GetDevice is not reliable for device enumeration. Please use the new GetDeviceEnumerator method. Source: Script_31-May-2006 14:21:10.2343_nrMCJ.txt

aldon

Comment

Look for the HsGirder version poseted here;

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=112950

Just replace the hsgirder.ocx file with the one in the zip file and that would fix those errors.

George

Comment

Working...
            X